+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Var

I want to celebrate a goal without the danger a striker was a toenail offside in the build up

Spain v Scotland was the worst one as they spent 5 minutes trying to find an infringement

Get it binned

The worst thing about it is how it treats fans that spend a lot of money going to a game. It totally ruins the match-day experience and for what? To demonstrate how officials can get it wrong even when watching it again? Pointless.

'Clear and obvious errors'. Remember that? Something has gone far wrong.

They have 'VAR' in the NFL. But it's time limited in so much as if nothing is spotted on the replay by the officials within a 60 sec limit then on field decision stands. In other words, if its 'clear and obvious' it will get spotted. None of this endless replay after replay after replay............

I think they need to review the offside rule, have automated offside, but with a margin of error that is in favour of attacking players. Everything else should be left to ref on the pitch. I'm sure they won't get rid of VAR unfortunately, even if the fans don't want it.

The one thing I will say if it got scrapped, a lot of those managers/fans that complained about refs and demanded VAR, but now want it scrapped, would then be complaining two-three months down the line to get it back in some other iteration.

Just get on with it, the refereeing has been dire in championship but the matchday experience has been far better without VAR.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    They have 'VAR' in the NFL. But it's time limited in so much as if nothing is spotted on the replay by the officials within a 60 sec limit then on field decision stands. In other words, if its 'clear and obvious' it will get spotted. None of this endless replay after replay after replay............
    Exactly as it should be though I would reduce the time to 30 seconds max. Enough for VAR to see one replay of an incident and in the case of offside one still. If it is still not conclusive VAR communicates to the ref its not intervening. What we have is minimal disruption but howlers weeded out.

Abolish VAR,send the uglies to play in England or Saudi Arabia or something, get Scandinavian officials in, let's make Scottish football enjoyable again!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    'Clear and obvious errors'. Remember that? Something has gone far wrong.
    I remember that in the early days. (I have no idea here) Have the VAR rules changed over time? Was VAR meant to contact the Ref first? Could the Ref ask for VAR to look at an issue they were unsure about ? Was the clear and obvious error statement made about goal scoring opportunities , penalty claims or red cards, or a foul 50 yards away, 40 seconds earlier in a non danger area?

It looks like now (just guessing) that the pitch officials are just waiting on VAR to take control of most dubious situations rather that call it themselves and be judged. (that might be totally wrang)

As I said, I don't really know where we are with VAR these days.

Tail seems to be wagging the dog.

I still stick by BIN IT !
    Last edited by Yeats 62; 17-05-2024 at 03:47 PM.

This

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)