+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well We have problems

Well We have problems

Before I get into tonights game, we cant carry on for the rest of the season like this. The size of our squad at premiership level is embarrasing and frankly Unacceptable.

The board of directors should be ashamed that they are forcing probably the brightest manager in our history to operate under such tight conditions. They hold the purse strings, they negotiate the contracts and deals for new players, and there failing to provide the manager with what is required to at least compete.

On tonight, I thought we gave it a decent shot. But we have some glaring weaknesses. Long and Dunne tried hard, but there not good enough.

Also Brady is a waste of space. Always injuried, soft ar*e if you ask me, and a big let down. (You can probably add Gudmundsen to that category as well generally)

Thought Pieters had a bit of a nightmare tonight, and McNeill was largely anonymous.

On the positive side, Wood looked dangerous at times and given time Inthink we do have a gem in Brownhill.

According to a few on here there are no problems Cornholme.
    Last edited by Altobelli; 20-09-2020 at 08:49 PM.

We do have a massive problem,it's called Garlic.. I don't care too much for Ian Wright the Pundit,but he hit the nail on the head tonight when he said "GIVE DYCHE THE SUPPORT HE DESERVES ,HES BEEN THE SAVIOUR OF BURNLEY FOR THE LAST SEVEN YEARS,DONT LET HIM DOWN NOW" .. spot on Ian Wright .

Dunne impressed me tonight, but yes we have problems... it should be clear for all to see, but it’s clearly not.

You have put two messages on here tonight and it’s all doom and gloom. Don’t you think that all Burnley fans are fully aware of what’s going on inside and outside Turf Moor.? I said earlier in one of my posts that I have no time for negative posts at Until you can come back on here with something positive to report, then don’t bother at all. We’ve played our first League game tonight with a weakened team against a half decent team , and have not done too badly . There were positives tonight but you failed to highlight them. Like you, we all think we know better , but unfortunately we are not the ones who run this great club of ours. Try and be positive in future for all our benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    You have put two messages on here tonight and it’s all doom and gloom. Don’t you think that all Burnley fans are fully aware of what’s going on inside and outside Turf Moor.? I said earlier in one of my posts that I have no time for negative posts at Until you can come back on here with something positive to report, then don’t bother at all. We’ve played our first League game tonight with a weakened team against a half decent team , and have not done too badly . There were positives tonight but you failed to highlight them. Like you, we all think we know better , but unfortunately we are not the ones who run this great club of ours. Try and be positive in future for all our benefit.
    I agree,but the board need to do their bit as well Mal.

I thought the players did OK tonight under the circumstances, clearly they're still playing for Dyche and they let no one down. Actually I was quite proud of the resolve they showed and the effort they put in. It's such a shame that the Chairman doesn't show some pride in his/our club and give the manager the bit of help he needs and deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    You clearly didnt read my post properly.... and I quote from my earlier post 'on the positive side, Wood looked dangerous at times and we have a gem in Brownhill'.

I have no time for people like you who post such disrespectful and factually incorrect drival.....

Next time, it might benefit yourself, and the rest of us if you take the time to read a post properly first before posting such an ignorant reply.

Goodnight Son Shine 😉

Shame with a deflected second goal for them which lifted them and then they score a third from a corner which should have been a goal kick. They are a good team and we battled well but you also need that bit of luck and it was with them tonight and that is that.
    As for this talk about Brady and Gudmundsson and their injuries ---I think that Joey will tell you that it was a genuine knock to his knee and Brady took one in his ribs whilst putting in a good tackle ---I suppose they got injured on purpose so that they can have a rest.

Dunne did OK on his PL debut, the same Dyche way, sheer grit, determination and never give up attitude, just think what he coud do with a full team and 3 very decent signings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)