The current joy and handclapping at United getting a couple of hundred extra is put into perspective by Dulwich Hamlet who got 3,191 for a home league game, and Chatham got 1700 odd, neither unusual.

Gates just under or around a thousand in the northern premier league is not unusual, or other clubs in the Isthmian league, Halesowen, Telford, Bromsgrove, Stourbridge get big gates in the southern.

Cambridge City, on Uniteds doorstep will get 4, 5 hundred when the ground opens, there are more City fans than people think.

Give it up Mr Barry, sell up, your quest to bring United into the 21st century is doomed, doomed i say. If you think of all the no hope clubs in the football league, the Sheffield Wednesdays, Huddersfield, Swansea, Barnsley, Middlesboro, Sunderland, Charlton, Bradford City,
countless others....all with big fan bases but have zero chance of doing anything....ever.

I remember United winning div 3 , and thinking so what the day after, no one cares. Sell up and make your money, dont throw good after bad, you cant be that dumb.

When Histon fell from grace a director said " lets see where the boulder stops," which is the united counties league, at the bottom.

Let United fall to their proper level, which is regional football, conference north or south, When Dulwich come up, it will be a good game, as well as old rivalries v Kiddy, Corby, Kettering, Lowestoft, i hope, maybe even Newmarket.

Currently you are deluded.