+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gordon's Goal (NUFC 2-0 Palace)

Gordon's Goal (NUFC 2-0 Palace)

Check out the highlights attached.

Schar brings the ball out from the edge of the box - pass from Pope.
    He drives forward players the ball to Wilson and keeps on running forward.
    When the ball comes in from Murphy on the right hand side we have 4 players in the box.
    Longstaff right, Wilson arriving late, Schar leaps for he ball on the edge of the 6 yr box.

Gordon back stick slots it home!

Name:  Gordons goal.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  80.7 KB

A credit to our baller of a centre back for the guild, ambition and determination to get into such an attacking position.

https://hoofoot.com/?match=Newcastle...ace_2023_10_21

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Check out the highlights attached.

Schar brings the ball out from the edge of the box - pass from Pope.
    He drives forward players the ball to Wilson and keeps on running forward.
    When the ball comes in from Murphy on the right hand side we have 4 players in the box.
    Longstaff right, Wilson arriving late, Schar leaps for he ball on the edge of the 6 yr box.

Gordon back stick slots it home!

Name:  Gordons goal.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  80.7 KB

A credit to our baller of a centre back for the guild, ambition and determination to get into such an attacking position.

https://hoofoot.com/?match=Newcastle...ace_2023_10_21
    I've always reckoned that Schar could almost play in any position on the field except perhaps G.K. and only because we haven't seen him between the sticks.

Does Schar have a song? Not really heard one. If not, someone, not me, needs to come up with one rhyming Schar with Albert on account of the rampaging runs forward

Long time lurker, but not a poster - I tend to stay off internet forums to stay out of trouble!!!

Anyway, this just pulled me in. For me Schar is unique to modern football, a ball winning, roaming playmaker in the centre of defence with an eye for goal - even if one of those eyes is inevitably covered by a bandage by the end of the match!

Anyways, to the tune of a little ditty from a cartoon of my youth

We’ve had Albert
    Now we have Schar
    He’s our Schar the 5th Musketeer
    He tackles, he scores, let’s give him a ROAR

Then with a nice loud roar of
    All for one
    One for all

A nice little motto for our team ethos, and a nice little tingle thinking if that roar around St. James.

Right, where’s my rock gone. I need to crawl back under it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
    Long time lurker, but not a poster - I tend to stay off internet forums to stay out of trouble!!!

Anyway, this just pulled me in. For me Schar is unique to modern football, a ball winning, roaming playmaker in the centre of defence with an eye for goal - even if one of those eyes is inevitably covered by a bandage by the end of the match!

Anyways, to the tune of a little ditty from a cartoon of my youth

We’ve had Albert
    Now we have Schar
    He tackles, he scores, let’s give him a ROAR

Then with a nice loud roar of
    All for one
    One for all

A nice little motto for our team ethos, and a nice little tingle thinking if that roar around St. James.

Right, where’s my rock gone. I need to crawl back under it!!!
    Good first post Guy. I hope Schar's ditty catches on.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)