+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gresty Road End?

Gresty Road End?

One of my fav topics but hardly anyone in there yesterday and so when are the club going to address such things that are easy to do? A tenner max in there and get some atmosphere behind the goal as well?

Why not try it out for the league cup games? and one a month or something?

re: Gresty Road End?

Fair bit of noise coming from the Main Stand yesterday. More than I heard much of last season.
    Particularly vociferous for Billy's cracker, and then even louder for that brain-dead, sightless, cheating, 'man in the middle'! Grr.

I was the One who suggested a GRE day last season for Easter Monday v Colchester, which did get some response from the fans, I moved for that game with my boy, and we enjoyed it. Obviously the last game of the season was also (as Steve Davis pointed out) a terrific atmosphere in the GRE which helped the team. Don't know if the club are interested in listening, especially with the decline of the A.S.I. ??

Personally feel that the Gresty Road End should be reduced in price, whether that would entice more in that end, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust
    Personally feel that the Gresty Road End should be reduced in price, whether that would entice more in that end, who knows?
    I think it would IF it was publicised more which we are not great at doing and even if it was cost neutral, I still believe that end should be filled as a lot of noise is generated and must benefit the team.

Just seems barmy that the board of directors can all see something is needed there and yet nothing!

Come on Alex, give it a try and if it fails then nothing lost. They could start with the league cup and then as I suggested one a month. I can't see that many giving up their seats in the main stand and so hopefully they will be an addition. Anyway its not morally right they should pay the same rate as the best seats.

I am a season ticket holder and would stay in the main stand but as suggested before a reduced price in the Grest Road end would be good ie £10.
    I wouldn't move and I doubt others would but it might encourage 'fresh blood'