+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Silly sason starts early at Leicester.

Silly sason starts early at Leicester.

Pearson sacked!

Strange decision. Anything to do with his son?

re: Silly sason starts early at Leicester.

And people still can't understand why managers don't really show any loyalty to clubs and just look after number 1. Here's a man, admittedly a chap I don't like, but who seems to me to have pulled off the near impossible at the end of last season. Is his reward an extended contract or a pay rise or both? No - it is the sack! Beggars belief.

Blood is thicker than water and the action of his son (and two other players) on the Asia trip has no doubt made his position untenable

They brought the clubs in to disrepute and that was handled by the sacking of all three players.

Not the easiest of situations for Pearson to manage and has obviously created issues between management and board.

Shame for him as he did pull off the impossible

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchTrimmed
    And people still can't understand why managers don't really show any loyalty to clubs and just look after number 1. Here's a man, admittedly a chap I don't like, but who seems to me to have pulled off the near impossible at the end of last season. Is his reward an extended contract or a pay rise or both? No - it is the sack! Beggars belief.
    To be fair, Pearson proved an embarrassment to the club on more than one occasion last season. I agree he did a great job in football terms but he is a 'loose cannon' and the behaviour of his son in Thailand may have been the final straw. We also can't be sure how he reacted to his son's - seemingly totally justified - sacking.

There are plenty of examples of why anyone in football these days looks after numero uno and they accept that this is the case, unfortunately many fans dont understand the reality.

The reason given is a difference of opinion between Pearson and the Board - I see the speculation starts, the truth is we dont know as indeed we don't know all the reasons why Mac was sacked, still I guess we like to make up a story that fits.

Nothing to do with football (on the pitch anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by AnagRam
    To be fair, Pearson proved an embarrassment to the club on more than one occasion last season. I agree he did a great job in football terms but he is a 'loose cannon' and the behaviour of his son in Thailand may have been the final straw. We also can't be sure how he reacted to his son's - seemingly totally justified - sacking.[/quote]

I agree.
    I have to say I am not a Pearson fan; that said I think there were several occasions last season when it seemed that he was clinging to his sanity by a thread and for the sake of his own

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)