+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We needed that

We needed that

Very disappointing result yesterday but i think it will do us good.

It helps to stop fans, players, owners and Howe from getting complacent. It helps manage expectations. It helps identify weak areas in the squad.

Manu or Liverpool played poorly and won their games. We didn't.

Its obvious that Wood is not good enough, nor is Longstaff. Nor is Joelinton as a winger or Burn as a left back.

Bruno had his least effective game for us. He needs more freedom which means we need a holding mid. For me thats a job for Joelinton right now. Maxi on the left.

Our subs aren't good enough either.

It will be interesting to see if the owners want to go for it this season and strengthen this month, or settle for top 6, which i think we'll get.

Howe has worked miracles, but he got a reminder of where we are at yesterday. As did the owners.

Yesterday feels worse because we are used to winning. For perspective, City drew also.

Happy new year!

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post
    Very disappointing result yesterday but i think it will do us good.

It helps to stop fans, players, owners and Howe from getting complacent. It helps manage expectations. It helps identify weak areas in the squad.

Manu or Liverpool played poorly and won their games. We didn't.

Its obvious that Wood is not good enough, nor is Longstaff. Nor is Joelinton as a winger or Burn as a left back.

Bruno had his least effective game for us. He needs more freedom which means we need a holding mid. For me thats a job for Joelinton right now. Maxi on the left.

Our subs aren't good enough either.

It will be interesting to see if the owners want to go for it this season and strengthen this month, or settle for top 6, which i think we'll get.

Howe has worked miracles, but he got a reminder of where we are at yesterday. As did the owners.

Yesterday feels worse because we are used to winning. For perspective, City drew also.

Happy new year!

i completely agree mate, we have been riding a crest of a winning wave for many months, we went into yesterday expecting to win and dropped points, brings us back down to earth and makes us realise we are still very short in a lot of areas.

Hopefully it reinforces the facts to the owners

I think most of us and the owners were well aware of this before yesterday’s match. Over the last half dozen matches, all of our players have been playing out of their skins - yesterday most didn’t.
    As our only recognized finisher, Wilson has to start (I’m not sure if he was 100% fit yesterday?) because Wood, we all know about, Joelinton, brilliant as he is is not a natural finisher and that leaves Miggy who is a winger, not a striker.
    Having said this, I think it’s always wrong to criticize players over one performance, especially after a 6 game winning run and if you judge Longstaff over the whole season so far, no-one would drop him.

A reality check maybe. None of us expected to be where we are right now. We will probably lose to Arsenal and maybe slip a couple of places but maybe that’s no bad thing either. This squad is in transition and needs a clear out - but that will take two or three seasons at least. Early days and it’s important not to be impatient. We will be much stronger in a couple of seasons.

Spurs 0-2 Villa after 74 mins.
    Reality check for Spurs too?

Must have missed all your posts about how well we were doing when we were winning...

Spurs losing is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by alfienoakes View Post
    Spurs losing is fantastic.
    They were dreadful in every position. Conte won't last much longer if there's much more of this. No doubt we'll hear him in the media in the next few days moaning about needing signings but I think he needs to look at himself.

I think Conte got done by Emery today. Must be frustrating as hell to be a Spurs fan - constant underachievers…. my heart bleeds….😄

I love how the Spuds never live up to all their supposed promise year after year whoever’s in charge. Conte wont last and I can’t see Kane staying much longer either, he’s never won anything and is desperate to. Not that I’d take him….

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)