+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Feyenoord fans at SMS..

Feyenoord fans at SMS..

Great post on SW from the couple flying the Feyenoord flag at SMS on Saturday - quite heartwarming. It does make me wonder whether this would have been allowed to happen under the previous regime.

[quote=pappalotti]Hi There!

We flew in from Holland to see a game of our hero Graziano pelle and to see the both Koemans.

We never could have dreamed watch happened to us last saturday!
    Wat a game! 8-0 , historic match for the saints...
    We sit at the first row in blok 35, near to the singing supporters of the saints, wat a atmosphere!Perhaps you saw us.

We sat there in our Feyenoord shirts (the same as your shirt in 1895!) and showed our big italian Pelle Flag. (we always took it with us in the Feyenoord stadium, Pelle knows it)

before and after the game we met some great guys from Saints Disabled Supporters Association (SDSA), i spoke to them in front of the game. great initiative. They arranged a place for a disabled supporter from Holland.

But what happened afterwards was amazing fo

re: Feyenoord fans at SMS..

Beautiful story, funnily enough my Dutch team as a kid and now is Feyenoord

Certainly makes you proud.
    You can catch our friends from holland in the changing rooms with Pelle near the end of Match day uncovered video, which is a great way to spend 15 mins. - view external link

From where I was sitting, I could see the Maltese Saints flag at the Chapel End. Great story in the Daily Mail about the Aussie Saint who flew over especially for his first game. What a game to pick!

"Dedicated football fan spends 41 hours and £1,000 travelling 9,500 miles from Australia to England to watch his team play for the first time - and they win 8-0
    Superfan James Thornell travelled from Melbourne, Australia to watch game
    The Southampton supporter spent more than £1,000 on his 41-hour journey." - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by OhWell
    "Dedicated football fan spends 41 hours and £1,000 travelling 9,500 miles from Australia to England to watch his team play for the first time - and they win 8-0
    Superfan James Thornell travelled from Melbourne, Australia to watch game
    The Southampton supporter spent more than £1,000 on his 41-hour journey."
    Fair play to Bertrand giving the lad his shirt.

Great story, hope they had a brilliant time, incidently i have met some Ajax fans before an they all looked so clean...I'll get me coat !

A few of the Italian Saints were there as well: - view external link