+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Slaughterings?

Home Slaughterings?

I remember watching us lose 0-4 at home to Jack Charlton’s Boro side in 74, they went up as champions.

What a shock to the system that was as a 12-13 year old, I don’t think there was a home result as bad as that when we got relegated in 72-73.

Plymouth beat us 2-5 at our place in the Third Division on a Bank Holiday Monday many moons ago.......again, a rarity.

I’ve never known a season like this for absolute spankings, I don’t ever remember ANY other Prem side or even a lower division side taking as many hankerings as we have in a whole season let alone half a season.

What an embarrassment they are to our shirt.

FOL to quote Kettering.

Yes indeed, what a state we are in; two strains of the ChinaVirus afflicting our lives, one is a little ball shaped organism with ‘spikes’, the other is humanoid in shape and has been identified as ‘Lai’. As far as I know, medical science has not yet developed a vaccine for the latter.

FOL

Can see football collapsing like a pack of cards, there's that much debt in football.
    Villa was on the verge, got lucky like wolves with a money man stepping in.
    Derby have just paid Decembers wages, January's are due in a couple of days.
    Spurs have £400m debts, if they don't make the champions league next season or the crowds don't come back.

A mate of mine, a Notts. County fan, told me that this is what happens when Allardyse takes over a club. Results for the first half a dozen or so games are very poor but then seem to get it together. I think he was just being kind because I can't see how anybody could get us out of the mess that we are in.

I wuz there to see us get hammered by Cloughies brilliant Forest 5-1 at the Albion in 79. Shocked me at the time especially as we still had a very good side and we were 1-0 up.

Last five at home: 1-5, 0-3, 0-5, 0-4, 0-5

5 0 0 5 1-22 0

Must be some kind of bad record surpassed there!? 😱😳😬👎

Last night was like watching a nature program where a docile herd of wildebeest were surrounded with a pack of hungry Lions
    Or should i say Pride of Lions

My grandad used to slaughter chickens at home. He died in 1969 though so those chickens we have in our squad can breathe even easier than during games. Grandad wasn't one for standing on ceremony or suffering fools, gladly or otherwise.

Saw us lose 2-6 at home to Everton 67/68. Huge difference is that side was capable of some shockers but in that same season did the double over champions elect Man City, stuck 6 past European Cup Champions Man Utd, and 8 past Burnley. This lot if we compete like we did against West Ham we hope it's progress.

Oh and 2 months after the 2-6 we did of course manage the little matter of beating Everton in the FA Cup Final.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Saw us lose 2-6 at home to Everton 67/68. Huge difference is that side was capable of some shockers but in that same season did the double over champions elect Man City, stuck 6 past European Cup Champions Man Utd, and 8 past Burnley. This lot if we compete like we did against West Ham we hope it's progress.

Oh and 2 months after the 2-6 we did of course manage the little matter of beating Everton in the FA Cup Final.
    I saw that stuff fing but what a team that was. Astle scoring a hat trick in that win against United in midweek and scoring another hat trick on the Saturday against West Ham.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)