+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowyer has a go at the fans

Bowyer has a go at the fans

oh dear ..i think GB could be on thin ice here.. - view external link

re: Bowyer has a go at the fans

It's the headline rather than GB's words that makes it look like he's having a go at the fans. He's simply protecting his players saying that they didn't deserve to be booed off, but doesn't justify those words on yesterdays showing, but on recent performances and where we are now.

The thing he needs to rememeber though, it we're paying to be there and giving up our time, whereas he and the players are paid to be there. The boo's were because they were lackluster and provided noting in terms of entertainment at all. I'd have been happier in a garden centre yesterday afternoon, and I phucking hate garden centres!

Anyway, the LT are making this up, the headline and GB's words don't sit hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    It's the headline rather than GB's words that makes it look like he's having a go at the fans. He's simply protecting his players saying that they didn't deserve to be booed off, but doesn't justify those words on yesterdays showing, but on recent performances and where we are now.

The thing he needs to rememeber though, it we're paying to be there and giving up our time, whereas he and the players are paid to be there. The boo's were because they were lackluster and provided noting in terms of entertainment at all. I'd have been happier in a garden centre yesterday afternoon, and I phucking hate garden centres!

Anyway, the LT are making this up, the headline and GB's words don't sit hand in hand.
    Sorry Dan ..he shouldnt be protecting the players after that performance ..
    What he should be saying is ..i understand where the fans are coming from ..todays performance not acceptable blah blah .

You have to remember for the last th

I agree Howie that yesterdays performance was completely unacceptable. But I understand that Bowyer has to focus on the next 3 games. He probably shouldn't have mentioned it at all. It was quite muted on the boo front and could have been much worse after the sh1te that shower served up yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie5o

What he should be saying is ..i understand where the fans are coming from ..todays performance not acceptable blah

Champs, Howie is calling it as he sees it on a game by game basis. That's it. Also, after watching dire performances, there is a right to say so. You are critising posters who are actually going to games, based on overall results and the press reports you read. Come down more often and call it as you see it

Quote Originally Posted by champs95

What he should be saying is ..i understand where the fans are coming

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    Champs, Howie is calling it as he sees it on a game by game basis. That's it. Also, after watching dire performances, there is a right to say so. You are critising posters who are actually going to games, based on overall results and the press reports you read. Come down more often and call it as you see it
    Dan, I live and work in Leeds, not too far, but I do work on a Saturday. I put my job ahead of anything as I am sure you will understand.
    I actually go to quite a number of games over a whole season, considering I can't make Sat games, I think is quite good.

I at no point critisised Howie? My post asks - as I work - and you guys go to games more than me - which I clearly state in the opening sentance, which you missed...is this feeling wide-spread or isolated?
    I can see why Howie doesn't rate GB, as he puts his opinion on here. I am allowed to state my opinion...or am I as I dont go to games? You will be saying this to Auks

one more thought..(sorry on one today )..ok poor first half performance ..im sure GB would have been aware of other results elsewhere ..surely if he cant sort it tactically ..what about just firing into the players ? ..look all results going our way ..get out there and get those 3points ..but second half ..we looked even worse ..!!..i dunno..:/

Quote Originally Posted by Howie5o
    one more thought..(sorry on one today )..ok poor first half performance ..im sure GB would have been aware of other results elsewhere ..surely if he cant sort it tactically ..what about just firing into the players ? ..look all results going our way ..get out there and get those 3points ..but second half ..we looked even worse ..!!..i dunno..:/
    Cheers Howie. Thats why I wanted to ask you.
    I should'nt have used the word 'dislike' as thats actually irrelevant. I basically meant, are others starting to see it that way too?

Like I tried to explain to your Mrs ...sorry Dan ...the stance you take, I totally see, and understand. You go more than me (sorry Dan) and your strong opinion is making sense at times.
    I will say, not one I will always agree with, but interesting all the same...certainly for one that can't go to games.
    I could've gone yesterday...being honest I had no will power to trail over from Leeds to see a game I was sc

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)