+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT/ Swithzerland. What is the point?

OT/ Swithzerland. What is the point?

What a farce of a country.
    It has a large arms industry yet it stands neutral. It has a standing army that does not participate in anything at all.
    And because of its neutrality, it will not allowing other countries to export ammunitions to Ukraine because it is in a conflict...
    Happy to make money out of the suffering caused by wars but hides behind neutrality and of course hopes everybody forgets about its history during the war..
    It has a banking system that allows anybody (with enough money) to place ill gotten gains in accounts with no questions asked.
    It provided support for the NAZI's to move billions around Europe after the WWII.
    A really pointless country that holds all the purse strings to this dying system.....

And now for their party piece...

Swiss government refuses to confiscate Russian assets
    The Swiss government has refused to seize Russian assets, a move that it says would undermine its constitution.
    Last edited by Dubbag; 15-02-2023 at 12:16 PM.

Switzerland sounds like the “poster boy” for how a country should be run.

Doesn’t stick it’s nose in, will supply both sides without favour and be friends with almost everyone even if we find some countries unpalatable.

I’d like us to be a neutral, clean, successful country like Switzerland.

I take your points though Dubs and understand your stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    What a farce of a country.
    It has a large arms industry yet it stands neutral. It has a standing army that does not participate in anything at all.
    And because of its neutrality, it will not allowing other countries to export ammunitions to Ukraine because it is in a conflict...
    Happy to make money out of the suffering caused by wars but hides behind neutrality and of course hopes everybody forgets about its history during the war..
    It has a banking system that allows anybody (with enough money) to place ill gotten gains in accounts with no questions asked.
    It provided support for the NAZI's to move billions around Europe after the WWII.
    A really pointless country that holds all the purse strings to this dying system.....

And now for their party piece...

Swiss government refuses to confiscate Russian assets
    The Swiss government has refused to seize Russian assets, a move that it says would undermine its constitution.
    Unfortunately internationally often mixed up with Sweden.

Though it was quite amusing seeing Turkish people burning the Swiss flag a while ago… 😎

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Doesn’t stick it’s nose in, will supply both sides without favour and be friends with almost everyone even if we find some countries unpalatable.

In an ideal world Mick, yes agree with your sentiment. But this is not the time for sitting on the fence. Even Ireland (another neutral country ) supports Ukraine and aides NATO where it can.
    The world needs to be aware who is willing to bend with the way the wind is blowing rather then standing for something. The international order is about to be rewritten and many will be found wanting...

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Unfortunately internationally often mixed up with Sweden.

Though it was quite amusing seeing Turkish people burning the Swiss flag a while ago… ��
    That in a nutshell says enough about intelligence in today's world. So many brainless morons believing what they are been told and not capable of figuring things for themselves....

They make a good army knife.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    They don't really Soulman....it's gimmicky....

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    I would not be without my Swiss Army Knife wherever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Neutral when innocent Ukrainians are being bombed, executed and murdered? I would hate any other country to do the same to us and they say - f uck them!!

For me it’s equally as bad if the Russians bomb a school in Ukraine or we have another Manchester Arena scenario. Both are sick, shocking but one does not differ from the other!
    Not when it comes to innocent children within Europe!

Bit like saying I have enough money to feed my kids but who cares for those who don’t!

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    I would not be without my Swiss Army Knife wherever it is.
    Good one Joy..

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)