+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Shrewsbury Town FC 01.12.23 [FAC R2]

📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Shrewsbury Town FC 01.12.23 [FAC R2]

If it is called off, the one big positive is that we will then be guaranteed a place in the 3rd round draw.

Last club we got paired up with in that round was Plymouth, but we never got to play them as we lost the 2nd round replay against Rochdale.
    It's coming up to 13 years now since we landed a genuine plum tie in the FA Cup that we actually got to contest (having missed out on opportunities to play Chelsea and Sheff Wed away by losing replays). Swansea are the only top flight team we've met in the FAC since Man City in 2011. Brentford (then tier 2), Rotherham and Peterboro have been the biggest ties otherwise (maybe add Salford too in terms of hype), so we're well overdue a proper big one.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If it is called off, the one big positive is that we will then be guaranteed a place in the 3rd round draw.

Last club we got paired up with in that round was Plymouth, but we never got to play them as we lost the 2nd round replay against Rochdale.
    It's coming up to 13 years now since we landed a genuine plum tie in the FA Cup that we actually got to contest (having missed out on opportunities to play Chelsea and Sheff Wed away by losing replays). Swansea are the only top flight team we've met in the FAC since Man City in 2011. Brentford (then tier 2), Rotherham and Peterboro have been the biggest ties otherwise (maybe add Salford too in terms of hype), so we're well overdue a proper big one.
    That was actually a first round replay and we knew if we got through we would face Plymouth or Sheffield Wednesday in round 2 and it would be on tv. Typically for our cup record over the last decade Notts blew it.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    That was actually a first round replay and we knew if we got through we would face Plymouth or Sheffield Wednesday in round 2 and it would be on tv. Typically for our cup record over the last decade Notts blew it.
    So it was. I was looking at the fixtures, saw two different opponents and forgot we had to compete in the bloody 4th qualifying round. So Brentford would be the last team we were pulled out of the bag to meet in Round 3.

No video stream on iFollow for those of us overseas. Is it on the telly?

I saw the Luke Skywalker interview after Crawley and now this one……he looks buggggggered to me. He’s gonna get sick.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    I saw the Luke Skywalker interview after Crawley and now this one……he looks buggggggered to me. He’s gonna get sick.
    I did notice he looked tired. Look at his eyes and the discolouration around them, he does look like he's coming down with something?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast