+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about next season?

How do you feel about next season?

If you'd have asked me that last season I would have said consolidation would have been a good result. Now that we are promoted my first reaction would have been to avoid relegation, but the way things are going i'm probably getting over ambitious but I now fancy a top half finish.With our current team we got stuffed by City, should have done better than Utd but in turn stuffed Bournemouth, so.. with a stronger team we should do well.

I’m fearful but what the heck, we are in it to win it!

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    If you'd have asked me that last season I would have said consolidation would have been a good result. Now that we are promoted my first reaction would have been to avoid relegation, but the way things are going i'm probably getting over ambitious but I now fancy a top half finish.With our current team we got stuffed by City, should have done better than Utd but in turn stuffed Bournemouth, so.. with a stronger team we should do well.
    I’m going to say

The positives are - watching best footballers in the world every week
    Full stadium
    Stability of the club

Negatives are
    Lose more games ( win 1 in 4 if lucky )
    Crap kick off times - ruining Sundays - Fridays - Mondays all for tv.
    Var - **** show

Still looking forward to it - to see how a very entertaining team and manager cope in the best league.

It will be a test for VK as well because action and re action are something that SD didn’t have imo anyway regardless of the factors bestowed upon him - limited players - budgets - backing etc.

However in games we should have and could have won last time, we chose to change nothing on the field - I’m watching with interest this time around to see how we adjust / cope - a lot depends on our business in the next 6-8 weeks for me if we get the right balance we could hold our own and entertain as well.

Another interesting thing will be if Zaroury and Benson start well if we can hold onto them, once we go in the big boys league the world will be watching not just the championship.

Exciting times are coming to the Turf - I will say I feel more confident with how well play than o was in previous seasons.

I'm quite relaxed about our prospects, if there aren't at least three teams worse than us I'll be amazed. As I don't go on any more I don't care about the KO times and there'll be more of our games shown live, selfish I know, but it is what it is. The big downer is VAR ruining games again. It's such a shambles that you'd hope they'd just scrap it, but they won't, they'll just keep digging themselves into an ever deeper hole with it.

The bottom line though is that I have no worries at all about us being relegated, we won't be, and it will be fascinating to see how Vinnis way of playing fares at a much higher level. Bring it on.
    Last edited by sinkov; 17-05-2023 at 08:51 AM.

The year Reading went up with 106 points they finished 8th in the Premiership the following season. Bet365 have as a dreadful odds of 8/1 to finish in the top half and by comparison Sheff Utd ate 20/1.

I fancy Everton, Sheffield U and Luton or Boro to go down next season.

I am reserving judgment on us until the transfer window is closed. See who we recruit.

With the way our club is going, I feel there is an air of confidence around right now. That’s the way I feel. Mainly down to VK and his staff.

Same thoughts as Sinky and even if we did get relegated I wouldn't bother.VAR is the biggest downer for me.👎

All I hope is that we continue to progress and that, whatever happens, the fans stick with the lads and give them the backing that they deserve ---they have certainly earned it this season.
    Whatever happens, they will still have my support although I no longer manage to get to many games. VAR is the killer as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I fancy Everton, Sheffield U and Luton or Boro to go down next season.

I am reserving judgment on us until the transfer window is closed. See who we recruit.
    As soon as I saw you had mentioned Boro before tonight's match I knew it was the swiss kiss of death and so it proved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)