+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EFL Finals

EFL Finals

Start today

Sat 18th Bolton v Oxford
    Sun 19th Crewe v Crawley
    Sun 26th Leeds v So'ton

A lot of the interest today is whether RR can make a 3 league rise in 12 months. Bolton favourites though.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Start today

Sat 18th Bolton v Oxford
    Sun 19th Crewe v Crawley
    Sun 26th Leeds v So'ton

A lot of the interest today is whether RR can make a 3 league rise in 12 months. Bolton favourites though.
    Down as an assist for Rueben but sounds as if Murphy made most of it aided by County style defending.

the 2nd was all about Ruben and his elite level creative passing - great skill in the first place to control a high, contested ball but the computing time and touch to play Murphy in was sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    the 2nd was all about Ruben and his elite level creative passing - great skill in the first place to control a high, contested ball but the computing time and touch to play Murphy in was sublime.
    Probably a foul for the push, but the through ball was very, very good. He's played well, Oxford have played well, and yes he is probably going from NL to Championship in no time at all.

Sad to say, but I doubt Notts would've played a quick, risky ball like that.

Don't recall any booing when we went behind. Probably groans of resignation.

I wonder if we are in for any performance bonuses?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Sad to say, but I doubt Notts would've played a quick, risky ball like that.
    It was from the Crowley position. Yes, I think he'd play that ball.
    But would Maca have made the same run? That's probably a yes as well. But it wasn't their CF. Would our left-sided player be making a run like that through the middle? Not a chance. Positional predictability became one of the problems for us last season.

Wow! Boltons defending is worse than ours! From getting a corner to almost conceding in about 20 seconds

Have to say Rodders certainly made the right choice heading to the Championship rather than floundering in low reaches of league 2

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Have to say Rodders certainly made the right choice heading to the Championship rather than floundering in low reaches of league 2
    Agree! I was surprised when people were concerned whether he'd be able to make the step up to L1. Whilst acknowledging the Football Manager is not the fount of all knowledge, it has the Dutch 2nd and our L1 at roughly the same level and Reuben scored quite a few for Den Bosch. Privileged to have seen him play for us and good luck to him.

Congratulations to Oxford United and ex Notts players Ruben Rodrigues and Craig Short on promotion to the Championship for the first time in 25 years.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast