+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: England v Ukraine

England v Ukraine

I think England need to kill this game off in 90 minutes to get through. Anything can happen with penalties including England players bottling it because of the pressure/expectation etc

I reckon England will have too much quality for Ukraine but as their late goal against Sweden shows they can't be underestimated

I would like to see Sancho get more game time...there's a reason Man-U
    are spending £73 million+ on him

I'd like to see England pass quicker and forwards more. We've got the players to do it but they're being held back by an over-cautious manager.

There's no doubt he deserves credit for getting us this far but, let's be honest, in the main, we're shit to watch and I don't think it needs to be that way.

He should let us play and let us play without fear, which is what that genre untarnished young team should do. I reckon the crowd could be like a hostile away crowd though - a lot more Ukrainian supporters and Italian’s not supporting us but hopefully they won’t be phased by it.

Got a free bet with Willie Hill and couldn't decide between Denmark and the Czechs so I split the stakes For either to win with an England win for a double.

Looks like Sancho will start as Saka has a knock:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-and-more-live

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    He should let us play and let us play without fear, which is what that genre untarnished young team should do. I reckon the crowd could be like a hostile away crowd though - a lot more Ukrainian supporters and Italian’s not supporting us but hopefully they won’t be phased by it.
    I read somewhere that Southgate said it would help the team to play away from Wembley.

I find that a little strange and concerning.

I think he needs to rest as many players as possible.

The 26 man squad is way good enough to beat whatever this Ukraine team throws at it. 4-2-3-1

I'd play Grealish, Mount, Sterling Henderson, Philips. Rest Rice.

1-0 England

Kane

At the risk of being someone who constantly complains ( 😀 ), England could’ve been in complete control of this game by HT. Negative football after going ahead. They have the players (but not the coach, apparently) to be playing much more positively.

Surely our bench will be the difference between throwing this away and managing the match through to a positive conclusion?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)