+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Are All Pyssed Off But We Aren't Quitters Are We ?

We Are All Pyssed Off But We Aren't Quitters Are We ?

We are Barnsley folk the knocks come with the territory .

Of course we are questioning why the feck we are doing this but this club has given me some of the greatest moments in my life .

I wouldn't swap my memories for any big PL clubs back catalogue , get fecked off .

This is my town and my club and these feckers who own us are simply passing through .

I signed up to this 52 years ago and I'll be fecked if these w@nkers drive me away given the memories this club has given me .

I'll let you in to something , in 2008 I was in a bad place personally , I'll spare you the detail but an FA cup run rescued me , gave me something to go on , a reason to get out of bed on a morning , I don't want to contemplate what would have become of me hadn't we won a third round tie against Blackpool in the last minute and started that memorable run to the FA cup semi final .

That's the power of football .

This is and always will be a unique club and I feel blessed witnessing what I've seen from a small former south yorkshire mining town .

We are Barnsley folk , fuq these owners and be proud .

That's powerful stuff Animal, and I'm sure everybody echoe's those sentiments (regardless of where we all come from).
    It's become clear to me what these new owners are all about, and what angers me is they have stole my passion for the club now.
    Gone are the days when defeats like today ruined my day and weekend and even my whole week. That pees me of that I just can't care anymore like I used to

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    That's powerful stuff Animal, and I'm sure everybody echoe's those sentiments (regardless of where we all come from).
    It's become clear to me what these new owners are all about, and what angers me is they have stole my passion for the club now.
    Gone are the days when defeats like today ruined my day and weekend and even my whole week. That pees me of that I just can't care anymore like I used to
    They will pyss me off to the extent I question why I continue taking this journey .

Then I look back , the last home game of the season against Blackpool last campaign when we got the job done and how proud and relieved I was that this young group didn't bottle it and made us all proud to be a tyke .

I remember Connor Hourihane swinging his leg at a ball and rifling it in to the bottom corner against the blunts to stop the 9 successive league one defeats .

I remember the wembley sunshine and that goal by the hamster to clinch us the most unlikely of promotions 5 months later .

I remember a young manager with a million pound budget playing football we'd no right to expect to see and getting us promoted to the PL .

The penalty play off final shootout against Swansea in 2006 , ain't one of those lads ever looked like missing , bottle personified .

These w@nkers aint overriding my memories , feck em .

We are in a bad place right now but time is a wonderful thing and we will come back and crack this championship nut .

Defied the odds all our history and these half wits ain't good enough to put an end to that .

We are madly loyal. Stupidly loyal. Loyal beyond all reason. At times like this the club does not deserve such loyalty. In any other form of entertainment the customers would have walked away long ago but we can't.

Quote Originally Posted by linzbfc View Post
    We are madly loyal. Stupidly loyal. Loyal beyond all reason. At times like this the club does not deserve such loyalty. In any other form of entertainment the customers would have walked away long ago but we can't.
    Linz

Nobody is expecting the owners to fund the club out of their own money but they need to understand perfectly clearly that the championship is about the today and not what could be in 12 months time .

We've seen the last championship team who were relegated a different proportion in league one and fulfill whatever potential they had .

It's no good becoming championship ready in league one then getting moved on only to end up right back where you started .

I'm being kind here at that , absolutely no way would this defence have us automatically promoted from league one in my opinion .

Pinnock and Lindsay were three times the players Halme and Andersen are and don't even get me started on the Jordan Williams , he's a kid and shouldn't be anywhere near a championship start .

Linz, you mention unquestionable loyalty there... well I doubt if owners such as these even know what that word means!.
    One thing always remains though even after people like them have long gone, and that's the fans.
    That's why I do feel sorry for the fans of Bury for example, they don't deserve that sort of thing.
    It's hard to look at footy as entertainment anymore though, the appalling Prem & Sky and the greedy mega Rich win at all costs mentality has ruined that for us all.

Did I mention what happened after I shook Mr Conway's hand at the station after the Leeds game ? He got on the same train as me but stood right at the end, as far from me as possible. Ok, he's entitled to his privacy but it was a good way of avoiding me asking any awkward questions. I don't think I'd meekly accept his opinion that we are 'getting a little bit better every game' because we aren't. We are rapidly becoming a laughing stock of a club, an embarrassment to a proud town.

Quote Originally Posted by linzbfc View Post
    Did I mention what happened after I shook Mr Conway's hand at the station after the Leeds game ? He got on the same train as me but stood right at the end, as far from me as possible. Ok, he's entitled to his privacy but it was a good way of avoiding me asking any awkward questions. I don't think I'd meekly accept his opinion that we are 'getting a little bit better every game' because we aren't. We are rapidly becoming a laughing stock of a club, an embarrassment to a proud town.
    That's what hurts the most , we are proud people and getting humiliated is hard to take especially when you consider it's self inflicted .

Yes we are proud but we can laugh at ourselves too. I seem to be managing to avoid the neighbours ( deedars who never actually go to football but still know all about it ). I can bat off a certain amount of rubbish from BFC ( 37 years of learning how to do this to preserve my sanity ) but every now and again there comes a point where enough is enough. In some ways the explanation that we have this failing policy is better than having crap players and or a crap manager. This crisis is more easily explained than the Morais era.

Like most supporters I have limited free time and money and it takes considerable effort to get to games so the least I expect is a decent product at the end of a game. At the moment it is painful watching young players repeatedly sink as they have been thrown in at the deep end. It replicates my working life too much where I am tutoring ****agers for exams that are pitched way too hard for them. They get into a state of anxiety and stop trying because the task is too much. It is a nautral reaction. I deal with it all week and I do not want it every weekend too.

There becomes a point , where enough is enough , no matter what , wether you go or not ( renew SP ?) It's inside us all this club , it no longer feels like the club i've always followed , yes we may be proud people , yes we are Loyal , one thing we don't do well , "is suffer fools" fans will always lookout for the results , and wish them well , a seriously don't think these people understand anything about our club , fans and our culture , More fool them ,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast