+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Titan Submarine

O/T:- Titan Submarine

Tragic news now released about the Submarine and people on board, I think this is only the beginning of this story regarding the company, the submarine, lack of regulations and the engineering involved.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 22-06-2023 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Fixed off topic prefix

It’s not like the safety concerns were well hidden yet still people were prepared to pay huge money to go down in it. Absolutely tragic news for their families. Like you say, definitely not the last well hear about it and the company.

They've found debris from the sub near the Titantic. So I guess they died when they lost contact with the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    It’s not like the safety concerns were well hidden yet still people were prepared to pay huge money to go down in it. Absolutely tragic news for their families. Like you say, definitely not the last well hear about it and the company.
    Yep, its a can of worms that is going to unravel and will probably end up in court.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Yep, it’s a can of worms that is going to unravel and will probably end up in court.
    Without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post

Such a tragic but avoidable accident. Apparently people have been warning about these "spun carbon fibre hulls" for some time.

Very sad that people have died in this tragedy

However, would question whether super-rich people paying such huge amounts of money to view what is in effect the graveyard of so many souls was in good taste in the first instance. My personal opinion is that it is not, but as I said that does not make the loss of life any less sad.

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Very sad that people have died in this tragedy

However, would question whether super-rich people paying such huge amounts of money to view what is in effect the graveyard of so many souls was in good taste in the first instance. My personal opinion is that it is not, but as I said that does not make the loss of life any less sad.
    And that a company is cashing in on it using equipment that confirms to no regulations!

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    And that a company is cashing in on it using equipment that confirms to no regulations!
    I don't think the company will be cashing in on anything any more. However I also don't think there are any regulations to conform to either.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I don't think the company will be cashing in on anything any more. However I also don't think there are any regulations to conform to either.

RIP

No, seems not. Apparently their sub was neither checked or certified by the ABS, and didn't need to be either.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65998914
    Last edited by countygump; 23-06-2023 at 05:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast