+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rochdales suffering index

Rochdales suffering index

Ive done a bit of digging. According to the daily telegraphs fans suffering index, Rochdales fans have suffered the most with a score of 66.12, followed by Hartlepool with a score of 64.72.

Rochdale are by far the worst football league club...ever. You gained promotion once in 1969. As for your finances,

Rochdales President, a Mister Andrew Kilpatrick is an investment banker, the chairman, a Mr Dunphy, runs a european heating business and is an author.

For those who think im being nasty rather than just being curious which includes Andover surprisingly, id like you to do some maths.

Being generous, lets say you get 2,500 per home game. Say two cup games of the same gate. Thats 23 home games plus two.

I assume you charge 15 quid per supporter, even though a good number have bought season tickets. Thats about £35,000 per home game.

How much comes in the gate per year?

Subtract pay, running the stadium, taxes, fees, reserves, youths, etc, ground maintenance, programmes, food.

re: Rochdales suffering index

[quote="Psaw"]Ive done a bit of digging. According to the daily telegraphs fans suffering index, Rochdales fans have suffered the most with a score of 66.12, followed by Hartlepool with a score of 64.72.

Rochdale are by far the worst football league club...ever. You gained promotion once in 1969. As for your finances,

Rochdales President, a Mister Andrew Kilpatrick is an investment banker, the chairman, a Mr Dunphy, runs a european heating business and is an author.

For those who think im being nasty rather than just being curious which includes Andover surprisingly, id like you to do some maths.

Being generous, lets say you get 2,500 per home game. Say two cup games of the same gate. Thats 23 home games plus two.

I assume you charge 15 quid per supporter, even though a good number have bought season tickets. Thats about £35,000 per home game.

How much comes in the gate per year?

Subtract pay, running the stadium, taxes, fees, reserves, youths, et

I am obsessed with Rochdale Tazz. The largest great White sharks are about 20ft. Following Rochdale is like seeing a forty footer.

Im sorry but you cant compare Cambridge with Rochdale. Let me tell you why.

In two spells, eight years in div1, now the championship. One play off, if wed have got through wed have made the inaguaral premier league.

One div3 championship, one div 4.

Two f a cup quarter finals. Countless cup runs, top flight players and managers. We got relegated to the conference because of property developers, and those that could expose them sitting on their hands.

Compare that to Rochdales achievements. The pain that you show is not about being bankrolled, but that i have unwittingly brought home the brutal truth that you are a small club that has achieved precious little.

Your main claim to fame is that you are a league club, that is all.

I am judging you. In ten years precious little will have changed, i pray you will be still a league club.

A measure of

Here's one for youse Frank. Rochdale fans are real, proper football fans. They of put up with being stuck in that bottom league for virtually their entire lives, most of them, those type of fans deserve an little bit off of success. The past few years have been really decent and exciting times for them.

I went there an couple off of yeas back, the stadium (certainly where we were) were decent, the home fans were very welcoming and nice to me. The local pubs were ace and the teams played some good football. All in all an great matchday experience, there's nee need to try to belittle their achievements, they've (the people running the place) done an geet job, and I hope it continues. I like to see unheralded teams deeing well, good luck to them.

Proper fans eh, like Cambridge fans arnt. They dont deserve a little bit of success because the dichotomy of fans to success is to great. They are punching well above their weight due to tsunamis of cash from well wishers.

This must stop.

Im going to write to the football league to automatically relegate Rochdale to the Conference because they are little more than an annoyance, no one knows where Rochdale is, and cant be bothered going anyway. I expect a sympathetic reply.

FRANK.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw
    Proper fans eh, like Cambridge fans arnt.
    Excally, youse are southern, shandy drinking ****s.

And your still bottom.

You're*

I hate to see small club`s fans like Cambridge and Rochdale`s arguing among themselves,you should be sticking up for each other...

How do you think i feel when a big club like Notts are stuck in the same league as you two after all the proud history we have gained...

We was one of the original twelve that formed the football league...

Erm... im excluding the Munto fiasco obviously...

Quote Originally Posted by chalky-ncfc
    I hate to see small club`s fans like Cambridge and Rochdale`s arguing among themselves,you should be sticking up for each other...

How do you think i feel when a big club like Notts are stuck in the same league as you two after all the proud history we have gained...

We was one of the original twelve that formed the football league...

Erm... im excluding the Munto fiasco obviously...
    Oi chalks now we're mongbook pals you now have to come up and meet us Rochdull folk. Don't worry ...bring a pal or a cockatiel or sommat. Moorlad and Anders will vouch for our amiability (to a point).

What says you?

Edit - bird sweary edit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)