+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Plusnet

O/T Plusnet

These guys have just made my day today!. I’m not going to publicise it, but will, when all this sh1te is over. Not often I’m lost for words, but one of their employees just created a magic moment for my family ( and No SB, it wasn’t a call,from Chien! ). I know a lot of firms are bending a bit to help people, but these guys today just blew it away.

You little tease.

Thuv put alt scooby doo episodes on fo nowt fo yor Baz ?
    Avved a good thing from Virgin , am not seyin owt tho !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Thuv put alt scooby doo episodes on fo nowt fo yor Baz ?
    Avved a good thing from Virgin , am not seyin owt tho !!!
    Sorry for the secrecy.... it’s a lockdown thing and perhaps a symptom of something that I wanted to share something with someone, yet didn’t ....
    parents are isolating and like most elderly they have a lot of time on their hands, Dads not well and as with most households at that age it’s generally the “Old man” that sorts stuff out with bills etc.... He’s still very good with accounts and stuff but as he’s 90% deaf he’s crap on the phone. He is though good at knowing what Bill needs sorting on what day of the year...he writes EVERYTHING down!
    Their Broadband and Phone contract was up Next week and Mum said she would just carry on paying the higher amount that it was (post offer period). Dad can’t hear, she can’t grasp contracts amd technology.......
    I rang Plusnet and asked them if I could sort their contract offer out for them and they said I couldn’t.........unbeknown to me The fella then rang them back and gave them 12 months free line rental, calls and broadband........!

Corporate caring, or individual decision....It felt like a “Magic Moment” to me...

I got a call yesterday from my bank enquiring if me & my wife were ok & because of our age were just making sure that all was well
    Must admit I thought it might be a prelude to a scam
    The young lady then went on to ask if there was any reason as to why we had not responded to the letter they had sent a couple of weeks ago
    which indicated that because of our age the letter gave a priority phone number in case we needed to get in touch
    The letter in essence was to get us to use internet banking & extolled the virtues of this system
    On the face of it the call seemed a very thoughtful thing to do but when I think about it it was no different to double glazing type openers before they get round to trying to sell you something
    I have my car insurance through the same bank & just a couple or so weeks ago I received a renewal notice which increased my premium by £140 pa in spite of the fact that I have maximum no claims bonus & that my car is now worth less than last year They even suggested that I may find a better deal if I "shopped" around
    Not much corporate caring there

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I got a call yesterday from my bank enquiring if me & my wife were ok & because of our age were just making sure that all was well
    Must admit I thought it might be a prelude to a scam
    The young lady then went on to ask if there was any reason as to why we had not responded to the letter they had sent a couple of weeks ago
    which indicated that because of our age the letter gave a priority phone number in case we needed to get in touch
    The letter in essence was to get us to use internet banking & extolled the virtues of this system
    On the face of it the call seemed a very thoughtful thing to do but when I think about it it was no different to double glazing type openers before they get round to trying to sell you something
    I have my car insurance through the same bank & just a couple or so weeks ago I received a renewal notice which increased my premium by £140 pa in spite of the fact that I have maximum no claims bonus & that my car is now worth less than last year They even suggested that I may find a better deal if I "shopped" around
    Not much corporate caring there
    I’m not 100% sure Exile, but don’t they have to say that now....I know theres some Legislation on Fuel companies having to put this on their bills, but aren’t sure that insurance companies do. I have though had that on MY Renewals too. I shop around using the Furry One every year, I’m sure you will d the same....

Thanks Jules
    I did as they suggested shopped around & got insurance from RAC about £170 cheaper
    Same last year when I changed from Direct Line on their suggestion
    My grandson & my daughter have jumped through the same hoops & I ask myself WHY?
    Bit of a bugger if you don't have the internet
    What happened to loyalty
    There must be a financial advantage to these companies but I have yet to fathom what
    It's as big a mystery as to what our owners [BFC] are up to although it becomes a little more obvious every day & it's got nowt to do with football
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 28-04-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Thanks Jules
    I did as they suggested shopped around & got insurance from RAC about £170 cheaper
    Same last year when I changed from Direct Line on their suggestion
    My grandson & my daughter have jumped through the same hoops & I ask myself WHY?
    Bit of a bugger if you don't have the internet
    What happened to loyalty
    There must be a financial advantage to these companies but I have yet to fathom what
    It's as big a mystery as to what our owners [BFC] are up to although it becomes a little more obvious every day & it's got nowt to do with football
    I remember a few years ago, Mother in law who is very skeptical about the internet saying her House insurance per year was well over £350. A small semi in Ovenden ( where a fridge is classed as Garden furniture). She was gobsmacked when I got her more cover for £140 quid less......
    Then she couldn’t understand I’d not saved honey following year too!
    Just how many OAPS out there are getting fleeced? Many for phone, Gas, electric, Insurance.... Must be thousands and thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I’m not 100% sure Exile, but don’t they have to say that now....I know theres some Legislation on Fuel companies having to put this on their bills, but aren’t sure that insurance companies do. I have though had that on MY Renewals too. I shop around using the Furry One every year, I’m sure you will d the same....
    Is "the Furry One" a euphemism for what Mary would call her "p ussy" ?

Never heard of one being used to get insurance or utilities quotes before
    Last edited by SBRed48; 28-04-2020 at 03:17 PM.

I put a needle on the end of a string....... When the renewal letter comes...... If it swings left, I renew. If it goes Right, I don’t.........

Very Similiar..... these Pu ssys, Like Insurance, they always promise a lot when you take out the Policy...... but when you come to claim, it’s more bother than its worth........