+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ok, answer this one

Ok, answer this one

We fail to beat Shrews and Colchester - quite likely really. They need to beat us too and we have no consistency at all.

So, fast forward, and we've not beaten them. Then what? Relegation. Anything else.

This is our "last chance saloon" CAFC - 100% grrrrr and we run our tatters off to beat the next two. Make it happen lads, we can do it.

To not beat the next two will mean relegation, it would also mean we are actually (as the season has suggested) crap.

re: Ok, answer this one

Agree last chance saloon the two games we have coming up are pivotal for our survival but we have but we have only done back to back wins twice this season

Preston 2-0
    Bristol 1-0

Colchester 2-1
    Carlisle 2-1

Just really need to play players who are really up for it no one should hide in this battle.

COYR!

and need to play the right tactics to suit those players. Move the ball quickly and press - with or without the ball. Lie deep and we concede.

Well yes. With so few games left we have to win!
    The tactics question interests me more, even though I am no tactician.
    1. We play better away from home - is that because pitches suit our style of passing more?
    2. Toots is a flying wing back, or has been in the past. He needs an old-fashioned inside forward to pass to, and the nearest we have are Inman and AJ. (Just opinion)
    3. With no Chuks we are bereft of the fast-thinking, accurate-passing, just-behind-the-frontman, type. Inman is not the same.
    4. Pogs is still recovering, and Ikpeazu has not been the star we were promised, but perhaps that's because of lack of support?
    5. The youngsters, apart from Waters on his day, find it difficult to handle the weight and physicality of the older opposition.

The one thing we have going for us is that we have little to lose now so we may as well throw everything at the opposition, and hope that Ellis and Dugdale stay solid.
    Unfortunately we have cracked under pressure so many times this season

I think we need, or will need, 9 points/3 wins to be safe. The fixtures don't look daunting at all on paper (Bristol City/Preston NE nothing to play for) but we simply haven't delivered when it has mattered this season. I have a feeling that we won't win any of the remaining games.
    Relegation would be a huge disappointment after the success of the past two seasons.
    What happened to that Homegrown Crewe X1 from last May?

now is the time to beat the shrews - but if we do we will prob loose to colchester

think

shrews - alex win
    colchester - draw
    bristol city - loose
    preston draw

I think we are quite capable of all 12 points but we have failed consistently to put a run together so the likelihood of the 7/8 points we probably need are unlikely, but not impossible. The loss of chuks is a big blow.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLuntsFanClub
    I think we need, or will need, 9 points/3 wins to be safe. The fixtures don't look daunting at all on paper (Bristol City/Preston NE nothing to play for) but we simply haven't delivered when it has mattered this season. I have a feeling that we won't win any of the remaining games.
    Relegation would be a huge disappointment after the success of the past two seasons.
    What happened to that Homegrown Crewe X1 from last May?
    The panic button was hit!!! see LM scored twice for Leeds on Sat.

The next two games are crucial and six points is the minimum requirement in my opinion. That alone will not be enough, as our far inferior goal difference subtracts one point away from us. However, if it is Carlisle who were are challenging for the 5th bottom spot, then we can hope that their +3 advantage turns in our favour. We have scored more goals than them, so if goal difference is equal, we are in the driving seat.

We will require something from one of those two remaining games I reckon, although that looks a tall order.

Carlisle have got Wolves for their last match,so I`m sure Wolves will want to go out with a bang.