+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lennon on GMR now

Lennon on GMR now

Just listening, he is on phone in with Jimmy Wagg, good stuff so far

re: Lennon on GMR now

For anyone who hasn't listened, some points so far

He has already noticed we are over loaded with central midfielders

He is going to make the players stay in a hotel the night before home and away games so he knows where they are, what they are eating etc

Not discussed how much money will be available in Jan with gartside or Davies

Intending to play 2 up front and looking to find a formation that suits the best players we have.

So far come accross as a manager so far above the attitude and ability of Freedman its untrue. Nothing but confident about how the rest of this season is gonna go!

Agreed Lee, 2 up front home and away already tells me that he feels that attacking football is the way forward and we should fear no one !!

Already involving youth by training them together.

All together night b4 games so they are focused.!!

Even Celtic fan calling in to praise Lennon

Spearing alert - Put the passport away!! no more weekends on the Ibiza dance floor !!

That Celtic fan was brill, what your getting is knowledge commitment determination and a winner, Celtic's loss is Boltons gain. great to hear.

Actually very excited about this, we just have to remember that this will take time to get our bunch of s***e playing well again.

This could work out fantastic

Just watching STV news and they interviewed him about going back to Celtic to look at any players he wants to draft in, openly said that there are a couple who interest him !

Don't want to get carried away but I compare this interview with that of DF and its different ends of the scale.

If I was a player and listening to this I would be lifted!! but if I was a shirker I'd be worried !!

Just confirmed he would like to take tomo in but he thinks he's happy at brum

Love how he has already watched a load of DVD's of recent games and said a lot of work needs to be done and the players are going to have to work hard.

Has come across very very well in that interview and filled me with optimism. I am aware that we could be on here in 6 months calling for his head but I doubt it by what I have just heard.

Over to the s**thouse players now to stand up and be counted.

I think what I liked Lee was that he said we have a decent squad with quality players who just need that lift and a boost in confidence.

Opposite to what DF was saying in that the squad just isn't good enough.

And there lies the difference.

If he gets it right then the value of the squad may take an upward turn too.

Same with me lee very,very optimistic with lennon in fact im ecstatic and im sure in six months we may all be on here moaning about him.But not in the usual way it will probably be hes jumped ship to a prem club,not because hes crap.

I have just started to listen to the interview and you can listen to it on here. - view external link

I've just finished listening to the interview and I thought Lennon came across very well. The main talking points for me were these:-
    1) The under 21's are now training with the first team squad.
    2) Lennon likes his teams to play 2 strikers up front, especially at home and to press the opposition in their final third.
    3)The players will be spending the night in the hotel the night before the home game and he will know where they are and what they are eating.

I thought the Celtic fan who was called Sean was great! He said that with Lennon we'll get passion, desire, knowledge, and he's a winner and Celtic's loss is Bolton's gain.

Finally, I had to laugh when Morecambe White phoned up and spoke to Lennon too, one or two posters on here will remember him from this board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)