+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it goodbye Johnny Russell

Is it goodbye Johnny Russell

Papers saying Brighton to table £1.5million for Johnny Russell in January!

I'd say take the money, great lad but we need better! Has no end product for me.

Yeah agree, been a good servant but very hit or miss, not enough composure in front of goal, time to move on and freshen things up

Really surprised that Brighton are after him. Great attitude but never fulfilled his promise for me. Be great in Scotland or League One imo, but ultimately I agree...take the money.

He was really poor on Saturday, wonder if this is already on his mind. Sometimes he is a game changer, but mostly just disappointing. Never really cemented his place as irreplacable, has always been competing with Ward / Anya / Dawkins etc.

We will be short without him though, so I'd hope a replacement (even if just a loan) was lined up, as not sure Camara has it in him, and Weimann isn't a winger. Is Anya much better?

Adi. Yes Anya much better he has a football brain Will not say anything about Jonny ivesaid it all for two years Take the money but would be surprised if its Brighton although it must be true if its in the Sun

**** that

Its obvious we need to offload before buying

And tbh he's just not enough is he, he works hard and tries but he's not that promotion winning winger is he, and tbh we have a lot of them on our books

QPR fan on their forum said "Derby look like a good championship side that wont make the step up, like us in 2014"

He's right, too many hit and miss players like Russell on our books.

If Grant was to go, and cash in on Russell, not to mention the extra whack we'd get for Martin it'd see us with a bit more ammo in terms of being able to bring in 1 or 2.

Hughes didn't even come off the bench Saturday... he might be getting a big money move to the prem so cashing in on him would really give us room in the transfer market.

As much as I love Johnny could anyone see him tearing up teams in th Premier league? If the answer is yes then we should keep him.... unfortunately I suspect most people's answers will be no an as such I'd suggest cashing in whilst we can. Now is the time to invest in top class players not those who have potential!

At the minute we only need players who will tear up defenders in the champ, and this year will be big JR's year.

Quote Originally Posted by triz View Post
    At the minute we only need players who will tear up defenders in the champ, and this year will be big JR's year.
    agreeing with Triz. We need fit for purpose Championship level winners at the mo, if he's not good enough stick him on the bench. And remember he was the outstretched boot of a QPR defender away from putting us in the prem in 2014

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)