+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: QPR (away)predictions fa cup

QPR (away)predictions fa cup

An unwanted replay for both teams
    1-1

2-1 for QPR

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    An unwanted replay for both teams
    1-1
    From the playing perspective, Robin, I wouldn't mind a draw, IF it means that two or three youngsters get a chance over the two games.
    Unfortunately, I fear there will be an anti-climax after the Newcastle match.
    I agree with Alf: 2-1 to QPR.

Concur with Aucks, ideal match to find out what some of our young un's are made of.
    Not fussed either way with outcome.
    Home win for me.

No winners this week but a very welcome win and in the hat we go.

Well, as the song says, "It goes to show you never can tell." I'd have said a midfield of Feeney, Akpan, Lowe and Bennett was one of the least creative we've ever fielded.
    It does look as if Coyle has decided we're not suited to all-out attack. He seems prepared to concede the majority of possession and play on the counter.
    In the end, he went for experience and it paid off, so what can you say?

By the way, looking at the BBC pre-match statistics, it seems that we should be playing QPR every week. We do have a remarkably good record against them.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 07-01-2017 at 08:01 PM.

Have you seen the "penalty"? You could have pushed a supermarket trolley through the gap between the two Rovers players! Neither Akpan or Greer even move a leg in Ngbakoto's direction.
    To be fair, he is in training for the French Olympic Diving Team.

Winning is a good habit to get into. So, even though prior to the game I said the outcome is of no consequence, could this be a sign of the upturn we have been craving?
    Only time will tell, and with that was the continued use of Graham etc. Be proven to have been wise, or foolhardy by OC.
    It would appear that QPR did not put up a stern challenge, as they have their own problems, but again the saying is : you can only compete with what's put in front of you.
    Their pen? Didn't see nowhere near enough of it to determine whether dive or not. But in the end it counted for nowt, bein a cup game.
    So for now let's just dwell on the positive, and wait and see how the next few games pan out.
    Quite surprised no one has mentioned the form of Tom Lawrence, even though he is not with us now. I seem to recall that we all felt that given a different situation ie us not needing (more urgently) midfield battlers, he was too lightweight at this time, despite him showing obvious quality/potential.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)