+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: QPR (home)predictions

QPR (home)predictions

This will be the second dullest game Blackburn have taken part in this season(the other Ipswich 0-0)
    This will go the same as both teams will be tentative to stop the rot
    0-0
    Both Coyle and Holloway will be very excited by it.

Massive game for both clubs.. QPR now playing quite well on the back of a good result at Newcastle .. Rovers playing at home against a relegation team,my mate who's a massive Rovers fan and goes to every match tells me Rovers are relegation certs,I disagree with him..

Rovers 2 QPR 1 ...

I'm sticking to the half-serious prediction I made on the other thread: 3-2 to Rovers.
    If I get this one exactly right, I will expect donations.

Well done aucks and Alf
    I will except the 90+1 minute goal to prevent me winning😁

Well, you can certainly not accuse Coyle of putting out defensive line-ups. Sounds like a scrappy game, though.

Shame about the other teams at the bottom winning ..

I'm a great believer in: you have got to do it for yourself. Once you start to look at others 'failings' to bolster your standings you're on a slippy slope.
    As said many times on here, to 'earn' your stay you have to compete and better the other teams in and around you.
    Yesterday we won by the skin of our teeth IMO ( it was poor fare by both sides) first half was awful.
    On that showing, both sides could not complain of relegation.
    At this moment I would just like to comment that the chanting later on was not helpful and for me was cringingly uncomfortable, and I am assuming it was for Seniors 'benefit'. Some may argue that it sort of did the trick as we then scored. Not really convinced of that.
    Got to say, even though I'm not keen myself on him, he is being very professional and taking it on the chin and just asking for continued vocal support for the guys in the shirt.
    A bit of a revelation for me in that I thought Lowe played a very steady competent game and came across as maybe the most focuses player on the park, and the kind of game I was hoping from him.
    SG, DG, and Mulgrew are looking a little jaded for me. Conway is not his creative self as was. Young Ryan I think maybe needs a few games out to take him out the firing line awhile.
    Young Mahoney produced what we expected - a spark, and was maybe more than anything the necessary extra to 'drag us' a short head in front of them at the death.
    Emnes not so much, apart from the excellent deliver for SG.
    Why oh why are using the tired old tactic (done to death earlier with JR) of pumping high balls up to him (esp out wide), when it's simply not 'his game'!
    The excellent immediate through ball delivered by Mahoney earlier, and then the cutting deliv by Emnes for the goal, is exactly what SG is about (as was JR).
    Last edited by Despair; 05-02-2017 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    I'm a great believer in: you have got to do it for yourself. Once you start to look at others 'failings' to bolster your standings you're on a slippy slope.
    As said many times on here, to 'earn' your stay you have to compete and better the other teams in and around you.
    Yesterday we won by the skin of our teeth IMO ( it was poor fare by both sides) first half was awful.
    On that showing, both sides could not complain of relegation.
    At this moment I would just like to comment that the chanting later on was not helpful and for me was cringingly uncomfortable, and I am assuming it was for Seniors 'benefit'. Some may argue that it sort of did the trick as we then scored. Not really convinced of that.
    Got to say, even though I'm not keen myself on him, he is being very professional and taking it on the chin and just asking for continued vocal support for the guys in the shirt.
    A bit of a revelation for me in that I thought Lowe played a very steady competent game and came across as maybe the most focuses player on the park, and the kind of game I was hoping from him.
    SG, DG, and Mulgrew are looking a little jaded for me. Conway is not his creative self as was. Young Ryan I think maybe needs a few games out to take him out the firing line awhile.
    Young Mahoney produced what we expected - a spark, and was maybe more than anything the necessary extra to 'drag us' a short head in front of them at the death.
    Emnes not so much, apart from the excellent deliver for SG.
    Why oh why are using the tired old tactic (done to death earlier with JR) of pumping high balls up to him (esp out wide), when it's simply not 'his game'!
    The excellent immediate through ball delivered by Mahoney earlier, and then the cutting deliv by Emnes for the goal, is exactly what SG is about (as was JR).
    I'm quite surprised that Guthrie isn't starting, now that he is fit. Before his injury, he was an automatic choice, and had begun to show some of the form that made him so good earlier in his career. It's all very well using multiple front-men, but - as you say, Despair - they have to be supplied properly. Although I've always liked 4-4-2, there's a case to be made, in our position, for a five-man midfield.
    Interesting comment about Lowe. Somewhere else (LT?), one supporter wrote that he thought Lowe's last two games were the best he's ever seen him play.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 05-02-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)