+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lascelles

Lascelles

I have the sneeking feeling we may have seen the last of Lascelles in a black & white shirt. His recent contract and ongoing injury and current defensive performances with Fernandez & co give me the feeling he will be away in Jan.
    Not sure who he will go to and command first slot on the teamsheet as i can't see him at any of the top six as an automatic choice.
    The rumblings a few weeks ago whereby it was reported his difference of opinions with Rafa may be carrying a little weight and i think his head has turned.

I didn't think that but i can see why the rumor is gathering strength, it's got to the point where it wouldn't surprise me.

I think he'll be off to a top 6 club myself. He is good enough (i know that some don't think he is) in my opinion and he adds to the home grown player contingent.

Ashley will get a good whack for him though and we'll make profit on what we paid Forest for him - of which the club will see sod all.

What happens if they bring in a rule limiting the number of foreign players?
    We would need good quality homegrowns?.

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    What happens if they bring in a rule limiting the number of foreign players?
    We would need good quality homegrowns?.
    Exactly this and there are plenty of them to be found, nurtured and developed if the right time and attitiude is taken.

There are too many who think because they are foreign that they are better and why should it be so.

It's getting a bit like the stupid adverts on T.V. eg an ad for shampoo saying the best of German engineering. What tosh do they expect us to believe next.

He's a good defender and ideally I would like to keep him. I think he needed a break though and now the other defenders are showing us what they can do. Still, he's our captain and overall I think he's been great for us - last season and in the fizzy as well.

I haven't heard about him and Rafa disagreeing?

There is a rule starting 2019 or 2020 where the number of homegrown players is jumping up to 10 or 12 in your squad .I think it's 8 atm

Certainly shouldnt walk straight back into the starting line up, would have to see how he would react to being on the bench for while, Schar and Fernandez have been superb, the only way he will get back in is if we go 3 CBs but again that would be unfair on Clark who did well against Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    He's a good defender and ideally I would like to keep him. I think he needed a break though and now the other defenders are showing us what they can do. Still, he's our captain and overall I think he's been great for us - last season and in the fizzy as well.

I haven't heard about him and Rafa disagreeing?
    Agreed also that i want to keep him.

In regards the disagreement, apparently they had a falling out at training pitch. Although this was barely mentioned till Pboro made 2 threads on it and tried to bring it into every anti Rafa rant.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)