+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bonnyrigg Rose

Bonnyrigg Rose

I forgot to mention it earlier but hearing Gary Locke(Bonnyrigg fan) on OTB yesterday reminded me

This is a heap of b@llocks. They are not allowed an SFA licence due to no floodlights at New Dundas Park, despite most likely having by the start of the season. They won the Feeder League playoffs and were set to be promoted to the Lowland. But they are not allowed to be promoted. I know rules are rules but thats not the issue. They dont meet them fair enough but it is another total farce from the SFA. Why allow the East of Scotland Feeder League to be formed when top teams that were in with a good chance of winning it Bonnyrigg as an example in the first f@cking season when these clubs dont meet the standards to go up? I noticed Tranent have been refused licence too. Its bloody moronic.

It then asks the question how the f@ck were Bonnyrigg allowed to play in the Scottish Cup. Surely you must need floodlights incase of midweek replays. Auchinleck played this season and other seasons but dont have floodlights. Beith also this season who dont have floodlights. Bound to be more too.

Reeks of a shambles to me. Another SFA shambles to add to the long long list

It will be even more of a shambles if the lights are up by july.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...-1-4922711/amp

Aye, I heard Locke (a guy who I kind of struggle to dislike in spite of a lineage filled with boxes ticked) talking about this yesterday.

Lotta p!sh and nae mistake.