+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leeds

Leeds

Can’t see them going down as run their socks off in all four games and seem well balanced. Rodrigo looks a decent striker and what we lack!

Really makes me sick to the teeth - they have gone forward as a squad whilst we have gone backwards! Would love a Rodrigo type player in our side and still we have the three nags earning a fortune!

Do our Board not look at Leeds then think - why the f uck are we penny pinching over Grant. The Leeds owner is worth a fraction compared to Lai! Unless a miracle happens - we will deserve everything we get!

If Gallagher does not start tomorrow instead of Sawyers - I give up!!

Such a good side to watch AL.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Such a good side to watch AL.

Hate to say it Mick - but they are!!! Full credit to Bielsa and their owner!!

If we lose tomorrow I can’t see a turnaround and whose fault will that be?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Hate to say it Mick - but they are!!! Full credit to Bielsa and their owner!!

If we lose tomorrow I can’t see a turnaround and whose fault will that be?
    To be fair, we have played three of the top four sides in the Premiership as it stands. Tomorrow is a test of where we are. Never say die!
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 03-10-2020 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    To be fair, we have played three of the top four sides in the Premiership as it stands. Tomorrow is a test of where we are. Never say die!

True Baggiemadguen - the point to make though - they played the champions and were very unlucky to lose and the runners up so fair play to them. In all four matches they have played with energy - run their socks off and have generally looked entertaining and solid. Have we?

Let’s see what tomorrow brings but Bilic must start with Gallagher instead of Sawyers but again we have no recognised decent striker!

Gary Neville apparently said of Leeds,
    “This is a dream of a team to watch. Can everybody else please play like this as well.”
    Why can't we perform like this? .... rhetorical question 🤔🤔

Leeds for the last few seasons have been a really organised outfit. They have great team spirit so any team that takes points of them will have to work hard to earn them.
    I’ve placed them out of our mini league of the walking dead which is
    Us, Fulham, Brighton, Sheff Utd , and Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    Leeds for the last few seasons have been a really organised outfit. They have great team spirit so any team that takes points of them will have to work hard to earn them.
    I wouldn’t leave Wolves out this list.

They have some very technically good players but make no mistake, the loss of Jota and Docherty is massive for them.

These two have been a massive part of Wolves growth over the last 4 years and even buying a Barcelona left back might not give what Docherty gave to them.......I thought he was a cracking player.

The wheels could come off at that place.......I do think Nuno is a good coach but certain cogs are pivotal .......a bit like G Mac and Morrison ( at his best ) were for us.

Palace have lost a couple on the bounce as well and they’re very reliant on Zaha.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    True Baggiemadguen - the point to make though - they played the champions and were very unlucky to lose and the runners up so fair play to them. In all four matches they have played with energy - run their socks off and have generally looked entertaining and solid. Have we?

Let’s see what tomorrow brings but Bilic must start with Gallagher instead of Sawyers but again we have no recognised decent striker!
    To be fair I did not see the Leeds game. Refreshing though for a couple of sides (Leeds & Leicester) challenge the top boys. For us, v the Saints today, that will give an indication of where we are. We definitely need a striker and to tighten up at the back.

I hope Slaven utilises the best players for the job unlike other managers we have had. He does seem to have an unwillingness to try something new and rely on plan A.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    I think 10 of their starting X1 were there last season. Missing is White who was reckoned to be their best defender. Well done Leeds!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)