+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A broken clock is correct twice a day!

A broken clock is correct twice a day!

Ok we seem to be doing ok,with another dodgy win on the board.
    However I still think we are winning inspite of NA not because of him.
    Have we no pride,struggling to beat teams like Vera Lynn is down right embarrassing.
    It also does not bode well for when we are back in a proper league.
    Something still isn't right but seems to ignored.
    A bit like a broken clock because it's right sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Have we no pride,struggling to beat teams like Vera Lynn is down right embarrassing.
    It also does not bode well for when we are back in a proper league.
    Something still isn't right but seems to ignored.
    A bit like a broken clock because it's right sometimes.
    Not a loaded question but genuinely interested . . . ignoring what has passed, what would you want to see from Ardley to help you change your opinion of him? Style of play? Promotion? Two promotions?

Like I said it is a genuine question and the reason I ask is I think I understand where you might be coming from, not that I agree but would love to hear what he needs to do/achieve to change your mind.
    Last edited by ncfcog; 17-02-2021 at 07:53 PM. Reason: spellin'

Tbf it's a brilliant opening post from Ken, it certainly made me smile ' broken clock is correct twice a day" or eleven times

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    While I have similar reservations, I'm concentrating more on enjoying these dodgy wins because dodgy wins get you exactly the same number of points as stylish wins. I suppose it can be looked at two ways - the negative view is that we aren't playing that well so will be found out eventually, the positive view is that we are getting results while not playing well, so watch us go when it all clicks. I'm currently getting an unusual surge of optimism about this season, so that probably means it will be voided.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Tbf it's a brilliant opening post from Ken, it certainly made me smile ' broken clock is correct twice a day" or eleven times
    Come on laddo, you've excelled yourself so far with no silly nicknames, no petty arguments, and no juvenile hashtags.

The board has definitely benefited, so don't let it slip now.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    While I have similar reservations, I'm concentrating more on enjoying these dodgy wins because dodgy wins get you exactly the same number of points as stylish wins. I suppose it can be looked at two ways - the negative view is that we aren't playing that well so will be found out eventually, the positive view is that we are getting results while not playing well, so watch us go when it all clicks. I'm currently getting an unusual surge of optimism about this season, so that probably means it will be voided.

Whatever our opinions of Ardley, surely our views must be somewhat tempered by the 'unknown' nature of what this season will bring. Lets keep winning however we can and see where it takes us. Knowing Notts, we'll end up with the best PPG in an abandoned season that has run long enough for it to count, only to find the powers that be have decided to change the way the 'winner' is decided. Now if we were to go on an extended losing run, then fair enough, the pitchfork sharpening stones would no doubt glow hot.

That's not the only reason it's got noticeably better recently

It's very early days but I'm delighted, as I'm sure are too.

I don't think Pedro is anywhere near as bothered about nicknames as you are.

You care too much.

That's not the only reason it's got noticeably better recently

It's very early days but I'm delighted, as I'm sure are too.

I don't think Pedro is anywhere near as bothered about nicknames as you are.

You care too much.
    I care enough to keep the positive vibe going. I hope you do too.

Its twice ..
    If it's broken on lets say one o clock.
    It will be correct twice a day...not eleven.
    However I expect no less from laddo...

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I care enough to keep the positive vibe going. I hope you do too.
    Now that is a change of attitude I am delighted to see. I love positive vibes.

Marvellous

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast