+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ross Graham

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ross Graham

Heck of a performance from him last night. Not many positives from last night but he was definitely one of them.

If he is Dunfermline's worst ever centre half then they must have had some crackers over the years.

Brilliant stuff - Chuck knows what the 6 fingered didn't see in him. Great stuff he deserves a chance if Mulgrew is out

I was bit worried when I saw him in the line up last night, but he did well. Big help having Edwards and Butcher back there to help him out. Butcher did well again, one daft challenge aside on the edge of his box, and his passing coming of defence is a bit suspect, but defensively sound. Our defence has saved us this season.

Wasn't too worried about the 6 fingird feedback, we know what "fans" are like.

I thought he was the plus point of last night. I know it's only a couple of matches but he just did the no nonsense stuff (thank fcuk) that is required.

No probs at all if he is playing.

So my opinion. Butcher is a legend and folk should appreciate the guy. Near 100 games he is exactly what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    So my opinion. Butcher is a legend and folk should appreciate the guy. Near 100 games he is exactly what we need.
    I think most do appreciate him (I said most)

He is good in the air, and very hard in the tackle, takes no sh*t and likes a good shoutin' match, that's all good. He is never a passer of a ball in a month of Sundays. Not a huge issue, we just need to agree where he should be playing as he gets on a bit in years.

I think he has already proved he is a pretty good centre back, but I don't think he wants to play there just yet, and when our defence is back to full fitness he won't be playing there. Will he go back in midfield or sit on the bench? I don't know, only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Agreed....he's my new favourite centre half🧡🖤😁

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Agreed....he's my new favourite centre half������

Having only seen the Ross when he came on v Celtic and the first half at Dens, i am questioning why TC saw fit to make him part of a back 3 which in turn took away an option from another part of the team. I could understand if Edwards was between Nielson and Graham to help them through the game, but i think either of those mentioned are plenty good enough to partner up with any of our top 3 central defenders. I just think Butcher needs to be in midfield just now!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)