+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Disgraceful!

Disgraceful!

I think that it's appalling that the rail unions have decided to strike on Christmas Eve and New Years Day. We've enough problems as it is without their thoughtless actions making things ten times worse. It will certainly alienate them from the general public which will not help their cause. I don't care what it is they are striking over. It's no wonder the Labour Party are unelectable with actions like these from those who fund and support them.

Our son was coming back from Aberystwyth for Christmas tomorrow, looks like it wont be the case if there's a rail strike, though sometimes they put buses on.
    I am all for workers rights, but this is very insensitive to say the least, especially as many people didn't share last Christmas with family members.
    This will hurt Joe public more than the bosses. As you say, it won't do their cause any favours.

The RMT union has always seemed to me to be a communist hotbed with leaders looking for any opportunity to strike and cause disruption. Train drivers are very well paid and this strike action is totally unjustified.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Our son was coming back from Aberystwyth for Christmas tomorrow, looks like it wont be the case if there's a rail strike, though sometimes they put buses on.
    I am all for workers rights, but this is very insensitive to say the least, especially as many people didn't share last Christmas with family members.
    This will hurt Joe public more than the bosses. As you say, it won't do their cause any favours.
    Go an pick him up you miserable old sod!

You can be there and back in 4 hours and it’s a lovely journey.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    The RMT union has always seemed to me to be a communist hotbed with leaders looking for any opportunity to strike and cause disruption. Train drivers are very well paid and this strike action is totally unjustified.
    Couldn’t agree more, train drivers are ridiculously well paid
    They have a full salary retirement and normally well before 65

They don’t even have to steer FFS.

If they fall asleep at the wheel the bloody thing stops on its own.

It’s about as difficult as spending 8 hours sat on the s h I t t e r.......it must be the most boring job in the world these days.

Don’t forget that on some trains, the drivers also have to press the button to close the doors; an onerous responsibility if ever there was one. I suspect that there are many of them off ‘sick’ with injured fingers.

They always choose times when the entire country is on the move, same with tube drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    They always choose times when the entire country is on the move, same with tube drivers.
    Same union, the RMT, is it not?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)