+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Rudiger

Antonio Rudiger

According to the Telegraph we've entered the race to sign him:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...box=1646753121

Wouldn't be bad backup to Burn would he?

The new megabucks owner at Chelski will be in place by then and won't let him leave with a megabucks offer, driving our price through the roof.

Would love him here but can't see this happening beyond the fact that we are lazily linked with every available or unsettled player on the planet....

Madrid and Munich are in for him. Doubt we have the slightest chance of signing him. Great player though.

No chance, although nice to be linked and have to pause to think

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    The new megabucks owner at Chelski will be in place by then and won't let him leave with a megabucks offer, driving our price through the roof.

Would love him here but can't see this happening beyond the fact that we are lazily linked with every available or unsettled player on the planet....
    Isn't he out of contract in the summer?

Same as Christensen?

Contract expires:
    Jun 30, 2022

Yep, on a free in the Summer

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Isn't he out of contract in the summer?

Same as Christensen?

Contract expires:
    Jun 30, 2022

Yep, on a free in the Summer
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/antoni.../spieler/86202
    Contract expires:
    Jun 30, 2022

https://www.transfermarkt.com/andrea...spieler/196948
    Contract expires:
    Jun 30, 2022

I know he's out of contract but that doesn't mean Chelski will not put big money on the table to keep him.

We'll see.

It's curious that we are linked so strongly to him now when others were chasing him much more strongly before. I think our name just makes a good headline these days...

I also think our name will be used by clubs to raise the price of their player to the club they're actually intending to do business with and, similarly, by agents looking to get a better deal from the club they're actually negotiating with.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I also think our name will be used by clubs to raise the price of their player to the club they're actually intending to do business with and, similarly, by agents looking to get a better deal from the club they're actually negotiating with.
    Much as I detest agents, you can't blame them for playing poker.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    This was always the case during the Hall/Shepherd days. It also happened for about 18months into the previous regime but it became obvious that we were no longer in the market for anything approaching ambitious transfers.

It is great to be talked about in this echelon of player. Regardless if he comes or not. It says 'we are in the market for world class players'

I'm sure we will have spoken to his agent, like I'm sure we've contacted Mino Riola.

That vile human that Riola is does have a roster of the worlds best players. Saudi money will make his little pecker tingle I'm sure. Moreover the club is now run properly, even a vulture like Riola will be satisfied his clients will get well treated and well paid.

So long may it continue IMO!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)