+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team for Tomorrow

Team for Tomorrow

So Burchnall has confirmed that Wootton will be out tomorrow night and he may rest others tomorrow or over the next 3 games. As highlighted on here many times we have no direct replacement for Wootton and Mitchell seems out of favour or injured as he’s not made the squad since being away on international duty. I think he may rest Arter - who I thought was poor on Saturday. Lacey seems out of favour or injured too. So what formation and who will play where? I’m finding it hard to work out what we’ll go with, I expect he’ll stick with 4-2-3-1. So:

Jaros

Richardson - Rawlinson - Graham - Chicksen

Palmer - Francis

Roberts - Rodrigues (or Brunt) - Nemane

Sam (or Rodrigues)

I don’t think Sam can play in the Centre Forward role so I think we may see Brunt in the middle with Ruben up top.

Alternative a 3-5-2 with KELLY-Evans as LWB, Roberts on the bench rested, Palmer, Francis and O’Brien (or Brunt or Vincent), Ruben up top with Sam although that’s harsh on Nemane.

I guess this is why I don’t get asked to pick the team!

Lacey was injured pre match the other week

Apart from scoring a goal Nemane did nothing else. I would have Vincent or Sam any day..

IB's opinion of Dover is that they are young, enthusiastic players with a lot of energy. I think Vincent has to play, or we may be over ran in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Jaros

Richardson - Rawlinson - Graham - Chicksen

Palmer - Francis

Roberts - Rodrigues (or Brunt) - Nemane

Sam (or Rodrigues)
    That looks likely and pretty good to me, although I think there might be another surprise or two.
    Either Sam and Rodrigues can play up front, no worries. They're different to Wootton but opposing CBs might not like playing against them - neither are what you usually face in the NL.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    That looks likely and pretty good to me, although I think there might be another surprise or two.
    Either Sam and Rodrigues can play up front, no worries. They're different to Wootton but opposing CBs might not like playing against them - neither are what you usually face in the NL.
    3-5-2

Jaros

Graham Rawlinson Chicksen

Richardson Vincent Palmer Francis DKE

RR Sam

Plenty of energy with the inclusion of DKE, Vincent and Francis. RR and Sam should cause enough problems upfront to win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Pie View Post
    IB's opinion of Dover is that they are young, enthusiastic players with a lot of energy. I think Vincent has to play, or we may be over ran in midfield.
    Tactical use of the size of the field, i.e. pass and move can and should outmanouver (spelling ok?) youth and enthusiasm, besides, Dover ain't bottom of the league for nothing. Besides (again) our seasoned professionals ought to have the power and confidence not evident in Dover's league position.

Where the wheels might come off is the loss of Wooters and some of Dover's recent record against higher clubs.

Personally, if I were picking the team, I would play Sam on the right and Nemane on the left. Roberts up front alongside Rodders and both allowed to run where the spirit takes them. I'd definitely play Kelly-Evans as added bite in defence, just to upset the more adventurous of the Dover strikers. Pick the rest of the team yourself, not a lot to choose between them.