+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Wolves Match Preview

Burnley v Wolves Match Preview

There have been so many false dawns this season but it is impossible not to see the opportunity that this weekend’s fixtures present for Burnley to finally move out of the bottom three. The 2-0 win over Southampton on Thursday evening not only brought them within a single point of Everton again but treated the home crowd, after a nervy opening, to a more confident attack minded Burnley. With Dwight McNeil driving forward, two assists from Josh Brownhill, a superb curling strike from Connor Roberts and a clean sheet there were plenty of smiles on and off the pitch. Burnley could and should have had more than the second goal headed home by Nathan Collins just before half time.

Wolverhampton Wanderers are set to arrive at Turf Moor on Sunday. Kick off is at 2pm with Everton playing Liverpool at Anfield in the Merseyside Derby at 4.30 pm. A Clarets win would give them three successive home Premier League victories for the first time since the 2016/17 season. New boss Michael Jackson is unlikely to make many changes from the side that dealt so capably with the Saints. Wolves, who are dangerous on the road, could provide a sterner test. They will be fresh, having last played on April 8th when they lost 1-0 at Newcastle. Prolific striker Raul Jimenez is set to return from suspension with Trincao, Fabio Silva and Hwang all vying for a place in attack. Neves, Podence and Kilman are all on the injured list.

The match referee is Anthony Taylor with Mike Dean on VAR. The forecast is for sunny intervals and a moderate breeze. COYC!

Thanks Outwood. A massive match. Hopefully the spirit and verve that we showed against the Saints will be there. My only change would be to give Vydra a start. I can’t understand why JayRod gets the shirt every week. If we can get an early goal, that will be terrific with the crowd roaring them on.

Hopefully their goalkeeper will not be another Fraser Forster and play a blinder.

I don't mind JRod. He will give 100% and is now unfettered like the rest. I always think Vydra is more likely to provide an "assist" than score.

I doubt we'll get it as easy as the Saints game, the threats were few, but were all good chances...and with a little more intent - could've ended differently....the fact that we wanted it more, much more....gave us a much needed advantage - one that I think - wont be as pronounced vs Wolves....but hopefully, each game brings Jackson closer to the players, he can tweak them for the better, and the team continues to improve.

It's another Cup Final for the lads and I am 100% certain they will be up for it! COYC.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I don't mind JRod. He will give 100% and is now unfettered like the rest. I always think Vydra is more likely to provide an "assist" than score.
    I don’t doubt JayRod’s commitment to the cause. However, he is not only not scoring per se, he has missed several good chances.

Vydra has rarely been given a chance. If he provides assists, I will take that. I think that he has more pace and is more mobile - attributes that will fit with how we have played in the post Dyche era.

The important point though is that, whoever gets a shirt, we go out against Wolves as we did against Southampton.

Name:  BB11BBD0-573F-4A48-A7FC-C5876E633E88_1_201_a.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  13.5 KB

Club and Country

Name:  Flag.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  97.1 KB

What is wrong with Cornet; he's not on the bench as far as I can see?? Is he injured??

What I am seeing more as yet (Half time). Is that Pope is rolling the ball out to a defender, that means we are starting attack having 100%
    possession. That is one difference between what was. I somehow think we need someone instead of Brownhill, perhaps for me the weak link. Behind him Taylor seems to be having a good game. Just a goal for us could calm the lads down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)