+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sheff Utd Chief Exec - ''We have too many left backs''

Sheff Utd Chief Exec - ''We have too many left backs''

So The Blades Chief Exec has sounded out they're over staffed at left back and need to offload someone.

Where are we light in our squad?

Wiles one way and one of their left backs our way. No cash to us as they value their left back as high as Wiles......could it happen?

If they value their fullback as high as wiles don’t think they would get rid . I would not swap wiles for a fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    If they value their fullback as high as wiles don’t think they would get rid . I would not swap wiles for a fullback.
    They've had a lad on loan at Forest but he's now returned, this is what's caused the surplus. With the big chance of Berger leaving the Lane, they may well see Wiles as the young upcoming player that fits their mould of play.

Never been one for makeweight deals,it’s hard enough sometimes to get exact fee of a normal transfer put out there.in a makeweight deal it makes it nigh on impossible and the seller rarely gets the true value..

We must not let Wiles leave.He improved throughout the season and I think he will be a sensation along with our other midfielders.He could well be our most priceless asset and to think of swapping him for a surplus full back is ridiculous.

Same with Cheio, this season(injury free) is their chance to show case themselves in the Championship, or as we know it, " sh1te or bust"

Jamie signed a new 2yr contract, hopefully with an extra years option. Same for him as above if he gets a decent run in the team.

This Smith and Icky decision is taking far too long to be successful for us. Hope i'm wrong. For me, i'd like Smith to stay and not too fussed if Icky moves on. Hope they both stay really, better the Devil you know...........

Ross Sykes at Accy would be a good fit, younger and maybe plenty to work with to better him. ....UTM.

We need to keep our best players to stay up. If we stay up its worth £7m. If Wiles has a good season in Championship and we stay up then his value will increase further, we don't want another Ajayi or Crookes deal.

Have to remember last time in Championship he was played everywhere but central midfield, after a full L1 season in the middle it would be good to see what he can do in Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    So The Blades Chief Exec has sounded out they're over staffed at left back and need to offload someone.

Where are we light in our squad?

Wiles one way and one of their left backs our way. No cash to us as they value their left back as high as Wiles......could it happen?
    Who are their left backs and most likely to leave either on loan or permanent.

Also if they need to offload that should work in favour of the buyer for a better deal.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Who are their left backs and most likely to leave either on loan or permanent.

Also if they need to offload that should work in favour of the buyer for a better deal.
    They have a left back that will be 32 in July.
    The other 2 are much younger players.
    Think it was Max Lowe on loan at Forest last season and he had a good season there.