+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Monkey Tennis!

Monkey Tennis!

Fed up of having women’s football rammed down my throat.

I watched some of the Northern Ireland match this evening and it should be called out for what it is.........utter rubbish.

Not even the standard of the lower levels of men’s non league football.

To give this prime time TV slots is utter woke nonsense.

Women’s football is c r a p ........end of!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Fed up of having women’s football rammed down my throat.

I watched some of the Northern Ireland match this evening and it should be called out for what it is.........utter rubbish.

Not even the standard of the lower levels of men’s non league football.

To give this prime time TV slots is utter woke nonsense.

Women’s football is c r a p ........end of!!!

I have enjoyed some of the woman’s football more than watching West Brom. There’s passing and attacking which we don’t often see.

Some of the movements catch the eye too! A pretty girl Spanish player with plenty of movement or Jake Livermore puffing out his chest? Give me the Spanish player!

Pity the USA team are not in it as some really talented players in that as football is the girls number one sport over there!

Woman’s football getting bigger Mick hence by the crowds and party atmosphere! Some families would rather go to these matches with a carnival atmosphere than be amongst a bunch of yobs watching overpaid w ankers who give zero back to those families on the bread line.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I have enjoyed some of the woman’s football more than watching West Brom. There’s passing and attacking which we don’t often see.

Some of the movements catch the eye too! A pretty girl Spanish player with plenty of movement or Jake Livermore puffing out his chest? Give me the Spanish player!

Pity the USA team are not in it as some really talented players in that as football is the girls number one sport over there!

Woman’s football getting bigger Mick hence by the crowds and party atmosphere! Some families would rather go to these matches with a carnival atmosphere than be amongst a bunch of yobs watching overpaid w ankers who give zero back to those families on the bread line.
    I wanted to find an argument against your post AL........but can't......so spot on.......

This isn’t prime time viewing in my opinion.

The level of play by Norway tonight is case in point, it’s embarrassingly dismal.

If this is worthy of peak TV time then so is Stourbridge’s pre season friendly at Boldmere St Michael tomorrow night.

This isn’t prime time viewing in my opinion.

The level of play by Norway tonight is case in point, it’s embarrassingly dismal.

If this is worthy of peak TV time then so is Stourbridge’s pre season friendly at Boldmere St Michael tomorrow night.

Bet Livermore or Reach wouldn’t get in that side! The girls are quick and can thread a pass!

Just turn back the clock 30 years Mick with those pony tails swishing!

Crowds enjoying it and more of a carnival atmosphere. To be honest I like many games/sports where those performing don’t earn obscene money and give f uck all back!

Mens football ruined by Sky, foreign owners and greedy w ankers of players! That’s why it’s easy to get tickets. I only go due to the banter!
    Last edited by baggieal; 11-07-2022 at 08:19 PM.

The physical difference between men and women is around 10% in speed terms and 25% less in strength terms in athletic terms.

This rubbish isn’t even close to 50% of the quality of senior men’s football.

If England ladies played Gareth Southgate’s lot it would end as a cricket score.

Sorry but this isn’t even close to being worthy of its hype.

I’m really surprised at you praising this rubbish Al,.

The physical difference between men and women is around 10% in speed terms and 25% less in strength terms in athletic terms.

This rubbish isn’t even close to 50% of the quality of senior men’s football.

If England ladies played Gareth Southgate’s lot it would end as a cricket score.

Sorry but this isn’t even close to being worthy of its hype.

I’m really surprised at you praising this rubbish Al,.

I support many things which are fun and there’s no greed! Look at the crowds with the carnival atmosphere and Mexican wave. I can understand why the crowds are so big for families and kids! I wouldn’t watch England mens if I had a free ticket - Kane is getting obscene money and completely dim - almost dimmer than Ashley Cole!

It’s what you enjoy for overall entertainment. Harrogate Town is excellent fun and again you are not giving your money to an asset stripper foreign c unt and the players are on sensible wages.

Bit like Sunak - why would you support a corrupt c unt with over 500 million in assets when he does not give a **** for the have nots! The moral of the story is the same!

8 nil to England - it’s entertaining whilst some of the football may be lacking!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I support many things which are fun and there’s no greed! Look at the crowds with the carnival atmosphere and Mexican wave. I can understand why the crowds are so big for families and kids! I wouldn’t watch England mens if I had a free ticket - Kane is getting obscene money and completely dim - almost dimmer than Ashley Cole!

It’s what you enjoy for overall entertainment. Harrogate Town is excellent fun and again you are not giving your money to an asset stripper foreign c unt and the players are on sensible wages.

Bit like Sunak - why would you support a corrupt c unt with over 500 million in assets when he does not give a **** for the have nots! The moral of the story is the same!

8 nil to England - it’s entertaining whilst some of the football may be lacking!
    The same “greed” is coming into the women’s football so don’t be fooled.

This c r a p is being force fed to us like taking the knee.

It’s like the tennis, women get equivalent pay to the men for serving up a c r a p pier product.

My daughter was at Wimbledon last week and said that the women’s tennis was to her, and the many others that vacated their seats, “unwatchable” after watching Djokovic play his match.

Women’s sport has its place, of course it does but to put this p I s s poor fare on national TV at peak times is nonsense.

There’s a reason Birmingham ladies struggle to get crowds of 500 in the women’s “Premier” League, it’s because the football is s h y t e and people are not prepared to fork out their hard earned for it.

100 years from now you won’t be getting 2000-3000 fans travelling 200 miles on a wet night in November to watch West Brom ladies play away at Swansea.

Like I said, it has its place but that should be on the red button or BBC 10.

The same “greed” is coming into the women’s football so don’t be fooled.

This c r a p is being force fed to us like taking the knee.

It’s like the tennis, women get equivalent pay to the men for serving up a c r a p pier product.

My daughter was at Wimbledon last week and said that the women’s tennis was to her, and the many others that vacated their seats, “unwatchable” after watching Djokovic play his match.

Women’s sport has its place, of course it does but to put this p I s s poor fare on national TV at peak times is nonsense.

There’s a reason Birmingham ladies struggle to get crowds of 500 in the women’s “Premier” League, it’s because the football is s h y t e and people are not prepared to fork out their hard earned for it.

100 years from now you won’t be getting 2000-3000 fans travelling 200 miles on a wet night in November to watch West Brom ladies play away at Swansea.

Like I said, it has its place but that should be on the red button or BBC 10.
    I do tend to agree with you about the lack of quality, and particularly the greed already coming into womens sport.

It is quite an interesting point though on what should be shown on terrestrial tv and what shouldn’t be. Yes the standard of a lot of womens sport on terrestrial tv is poor but does that mean it shouldn’t be on? It isn’t just sport, so much tv is absolute rubbish in my eyes and I cannot fathom out who watches a lot of it, whether it be sport or the many reality shows as an example.

I personally am not too bothered as I listen to more music than I watch tv, so each to their own. However, just because the standard of womens football is low doesn’t for me preclude it from being on tv, along with all the many other tv programmes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    I do tend to agree with you about the lack of quality, and particularly the greed already coming into womens sport.

It is quite an interesting point though on what should be shown on terrestrial tv and what shouldn’t be. Yes the standard of a lot of womens sport on terrestrial tv is poor but does that mean it shouldn’t be on? It isn’t just sport, so much tv is absolute rubbish in my eyes and I cannot fathom out who watches a lot of it, whether it be sport or the many reality shows as an example.

I personally am not too bothered as I listen to more music than I watch tv, so each to their own. However, just because the standard of womens football is low doesn’t for me preclude it from being on tv, along with all the many other tv programmes.
    I’m not against it being on TV as I’ve stated Yarm.

It doesn’t deserve prime time BBC1 though.

Pathetic watching a great player like Ian Wright acting as if he’d seen the next coming of Messi after that first half.

This is exactly the problem with this country nowadays, we get fed this bull s h I t and wokeism and we’re expected to join in.

I won’t, this football is garbage, anyone who says different is kidding themselves.

The USA ladies team are the best in the world but I read somewhere tonight where the USA under 15 male side had absolutely annihilated them in a competitive match.

I enjoy women’s athletics because they are within around 10% of the men’s performances but the football is a million miles away.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)