+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bank Of England Intervention!

Bank Of England Intervention!

Jeez.......it’s catastrophic isn’t it?

I don’t understand all of the ins and outs of how the financial world works but this really is a bad situation.

There’s no way any politician can survive a mess like this.

Truss and Kwarteng will know already that it’s over for them.

Much as Dennis Healey and Labour were derided for the past 40 odd years over us running to the IMF with cap in hand, it will forever hang over the Conservative Party.

This is a stain that can never be washed out.

I can’t see anything other than Truss being forced to resign shortly.

Sunak must be p I s s I n g himself.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Jeez.......it’s catastrophic isn’t it?

I don’t understand all of the ins and outs of how the financial world works but this really is a bad situation.

There’s no way any politician can survive a mess like this.

Truss and Kwarteng will know already that it’s over for them.

Much as Dennis Healey and Labour were derided for the past 40 odd years over us running to the IMF with cap in hand, it will forever hang over the Conservative Party.

This is a stain that can never be washed out.

I can’t see anything other than Truss being forced to resign shortly.

Sunak must be p I s s I n g himself.

As Truss gone on holiday? What a f uckin mess!!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    As Truss gone on holiday? What a f uckin mess!!
    She’s hiding AL which in itself is a disgrace.

Love or hate her, one thing Maggie never did was hide.

This is making her look very weak.

We can blame Truss and rightly so, but I think those that know her better than us which are those who voted her in need to take responsibility. Between Sunak and Truss it was more what they could do for their political partners in the Tory party not country first. I’d jail the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    We can blame Truss and rightly so, but I think those that know her better than us which are those who voted her in need to take responsibility. Between Sunak and Truss it was more what they could do for their political partners in the Tory party not country first. I’d jail the lot of them.
    The members voted for her Regis, not the MP’s.

It should have been the Tory supporters who voted then it would have been a lot fairer. We all know had the supporters voted then it's doubtful whether Boris would have been kicked out. Disgusting what a back stabbing bunch of w ankers called MP'S can do and the trouble they create.

Glad I don't vote! Absolute shambolic.

This intervention is a joke. It's like throwing a bucket of water on an inferno.
    Buying mostly long dated gilts in the open market????
    Good luck with that. The market speculators smell weakness. They have deeper pockets...

That was sort of what I meant to say 😄 but surely the mps are members too? Anyway, I’m sure some of the MPs publicly came out to say who their preferred choice would be - that must surely influence votes within members. Sounds to me though the members are made up of selfish and greedy and just in it for themselves. Whichever side we are on I think we all want this current matter to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    This intervention is a joke. It's like throwing a bucket of water on an inferno.
    Buying mostly long dated gilts in the open market????
    Good luck with that. The market speculators smell weakness. They have deeper pockets...
    More like chucking a bucket of petrol on the inferno Dubs.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    That was sort of what I meant to say 😄 but surely the mps are members too? Anyway, I’m sure some of the MPs publicly came out to say who their preferred choice would be - that must surely influence votes within members. Sounds to me though the members are made up of selfish and greedy and just in it for themselves. Whichever side we are on I think we all want this current matter to be fixed.
    We can’t fix it, we have to do what the money markets/people want us to do!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)