+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Academy funding

Academy funding

Thanks for the link, much appreciated...

£2.2m for the Academy, very interesting!!

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Thanks for the link, much appreciated...

£2.2m for the Academy, very interesting!!
    It’s not per season, and I assume that it doesn’t cover the costs totally, but it does dilute some arguments on here.

Quote Originally Posted by OzMozz View Post
    It says this..

The Premier League invests heavily in the academies across EFL
    clubs, supporting their work in developing the next generation of
    young players. Through the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP),
    this funding has transformed the depth and quality of homegrown
    talent across the Leagues

Hahahahahahhah...

Transformed the depth and quality of homsgrown talent!

Hahahahahahahhahahahahhhahahah

They are all obvious academy lovers who have never seen proper football played BEFORE academies were thought of...

Frank Lord scored the most hat tricks here and possibly doubled that had he been trained in an academy....

Hahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahh

They may as well save all the money and go back to basics where natural talent was always the key..

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    It’s not per season, and I assume that it doesn’t cover the costs totally, but it does dilute some arguments on here.
    I bet it won't dilute some of the arguments. I can think of one in particular

The money is over 3 seasons

Frank Lord might not need training, but the other ten players might.

I

I've made similar points for the last few years to that same person for years. However, witness the reaction above, facts are not the core of that person's requirements. He will never accept anything that does not fit his rosy-spectacled tunnel-vision into the past so, simply, it's not worth trying.😏

We had some great goalkeepers in those days and many good players but like now, PL players are substantially better than the the Leagues below and the 4th division and why most academy players even in the PL are not good enough.

I would prefer no academies even if they were free of charge, purely on the basis that nobody can see how good a player is until they are around 20...having kids at 5, 10, and 15 is really is nonsense and a waste of money..If academies were/are so brilliant, then all the National League players would be ex academy graduates. Few ever make it...Look at the evidence!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I've made similar points for the last few years to that same person for years. However, witness the reaction above, facts are not the core of that person's requirements. He will never accept anything that does not fit his rosy-spectacled tunnel-vision into the past so, simply, it's not worth trying.��
    You talk nonsense as usual...Why are you watching 4th division stuff when you live near PL teams...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    You talk nonsense as usual...Why are you watching 4th division stuff when you live near PL teams...
    With this and your other posts on this thread, and indeed previous threads, your arrogance is simply breathtaking.
    Last edited by jimmyboldon; 20-06-2023 at 11:25 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast