+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jack Mansell

Jack Mansell

Showing my age now but just reminiscing what a tremendous manager Jack Mansell was. The football his young team played was wonderful, as were the results. He was a dynamic coach, ahead of his time yet he remains largely forgotten. We discovered some great young players back in the early to mid sixties. And then....much of this activity stopped. Why? Something we should learn from.

Was my 1st millers manager Lyons was my 1st millers hero great right winger with a few goals in him.

He was the Manager when I first started watching the Millers. Really good team that was.

The first miller's game was 1959-60 season so I suppose Johnson was the manager then but can't claim I knew much about what was going on. So Mansell was the one in charge when I started getting into the game proper.

Last week I read an article about Leam Richardson and it was interesting that he took two years out of football when he stopped playing to to train as a social worker, working with ****agers.
    When he took the Wigan job he had four registered players and was forced to bring through quite a few youngsters and he said that his previous training really helped him.
    The promotion of youngsters into the first team squad could be something he looks at when he is appointed our new manager.

....a few oldies on here..................hold on, i remember Jack aswell....UTM