+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red necks

Red necks

Just half listening to BBC breakfast sport & they were saying Everton possibly getting more points deducted for latest set of accounts & that Florest are also at risk for points deduction. Wonder if this is this due to the absurd amount of signings they made when promoted?

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Just half listening to BBC breakfast sport & they were saying Everton possibly getting more points deducted for latest set of accounts & that Florest are also at risk for points deduction. Wonder if this is this due to the absurd amount of signings they made when promoted?
    In the summer they were already extremely close to their FFP limit and then signed a bunch of players. There was a breach but forest are claiming that they sold a player to Spurs that covered it, the problem being that the player sale happened after the reporting deadline, they are pretty much bang to rights

Sounded that it had gone past reporting deadline as the word used after latest set of accounts "lodged" & they were mentioned in the same sentence of that with Everton. Could be lazy reporting, who knows. Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Sounded that it had gone past reporting deadline as the word used after latest set of accounts "lodged" & they were mentioned in the same sentence of that with Everton. Could be lazy reporting, who knows. Time will tell
    My phrase might have been off but there is a deadline to make all your transfers balance to the FFP limits, the player sale was after this deadline. So although technically now they're within FFP rules, when they weren't when it was all tallied up

Today's the day they find out

I’d imagine that with them selling Johnson (I assume) close to the deadline, bringing them back within FFP, that any sanction they would get would probably be suspended. Especially if deemed a first offence.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    I’d imagine that with them selling Johnson (I assume) close to the deadline, bringing them back within FFP, that any sanction they would get would probably be suspended. Especially if deemed a first offence.
    Hope not!

IIRC they got promoted out of league 1 on the back of a points deduction for Leeds, so the football gods do need the debt repaying.

Can’t imagine the fabulous baker bomber taking it well if so.

Naturally I hope they get expelled from planet Earth over this, but being the jammy gits they are they'd probably stay up with a 10 point deduction, if it actually came to that.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    So that is their mitigation, the problem being, the Johnson deal was too late

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast