+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dons swoop for Scott Allan

Dons swoop for Scott Allan

so they say on Arab Mad.

Would be funny, but being realistic he wouldn't start in there 11 - so cant see them being interested.

If he went there it would demonstrate a serious lack of ambition. Hibs are a bigger club than the Dons.

Oh I'll bite Scots...

I'd be interested to hear your reasons as why Hubs are bigger than Aberdeen, citing average crowds, recent results in Domestic and European competitions, and current league status too.

I'll not hold my breath mind.

No place like Aberdeen for fitba rumours, And thats all this is at the moment, the actual rumour going round is £350.000 + Cammy Smith, Did I just read Scots saying Hibees bigger than Aberdeen, Good guy Scots but prone to glue sniffin,

I thought Scott Allan had learned from past mistakes but he has made a mistake with this attempt to force hibs to sell to their main challenger for the title. It will be awkward staying at hibs now, and I think they will sell to either United or aberdeen. Seems the only logical outcome.

re: 'Dons swoop for Scott Allan'

Think it's rather obvious that The Rangers are the last team Hibs would want to sell to given that they're the main rivals for promotion back to the league with more money. Selling to anyone else in that division (were they to have the money) wouldn't be quite as bad but would still be a risk.
    Hibs ideally would sell him (as the boy seems determined to go) would be to some team in England with loads a dosh but his last team doon there didn't work out so it's likely to have to be a Scottish team first to improve his profile again.

The boy's heart seems set on The Ranger so even were the Dons to offer the money I doubt he'd be interested. Celtic have the money but he'd no break into the current Celtic midfield ahead of the likes of Brown, Commons, Armstrong, etc

Think it's just a matter of time before The Rangers sign him tbh

re: 'Dons swoop for Scott Allan'

I think he would be interested in the Dons, not so sure they need him though. I think he would be interested in coming back to united too, last year he tweeted a photo of himself wearing the shirt as a kid with "love this pic". He would probably walk into the united team. And united could pay the money. He may have his heart set on the rangers but it wont happen and he has soured his relationship with hibs due to some poor decisions. I remember him when he was at united. He should have stuck in, if he came back he would need to really work hard to rebuild his reputation.

re: 're: 'Dons swoop for Scott Allan''

Odds on Allan becoming a Dundee United player slashed!

re: 're: 'Dons swoop for Scott Allan''

Arabmad. FFS.

re: 're: 're: 'Dons swoop for Scott Allan'''

DU do have some money and it might be a way of mending bridges with their fans if they were to go out and purchase a high profile player in a sector that they've sold previously. If he continues to improve then they'd be able to punt him on to The Rangers when they get up at a tasty profit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)