+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFL League One - Derby County FC - Publish Accounts for 2022-23 Season

EFL League One - Derby County FC - Publish Accounts for 2022-23 Season

EFL League One - Derby County - Publish Accounts for 2022-23 Season.

Derby County have published their accounts for the last football year, which covers
    the first season out of administration, under David Clowe's ownership.

The club reported an operating loss of £10.6m in the period until June 30th 2023
    from a base figure of £30.4m although £19.7m of that is a statutory write-off of
    goodwill, & is an accountancy procedre.

Headline figures show that David Clowe paid £33m for the club, having paid
    administrators Quantuma £13.2m - the amount it cost to run the club during the
    9 month's it was in administration, & £19m to creditors.

Derby County's wage bill was £17.2m which includes staff at all levels of the business,
    from casual workers to senior managemment, its understood the wage bill for the
    first team squad was £7.3m last season, which saw Derby County recruit all their
    signings on free transfers.

Under EFL calculations that equates to 42% of their turnover being spent on wages.

Derby County's turnover was £20.4m of which £15.1m was helped by season ticket
    sales, sponsorship, & hospitality.

Clubs who are relegated from the championship are only allowed to spend up to 75%
    of their turnover on wages, which showed the clubs commitment to sustainability.

Football finance expert Kieran Maguire was asked his verdict on Derby County's
    accounts.

Maguire replied, ' He would give it a solid B or a B+ given the restraints. '

That's a heft wage bill of around £10m for the staff who aren't part of the first team squad.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    That's a heft wage bill of around £10m for the staff who aren't part of the first team squad.
    Some might say, its to pay the mercenaries from our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Some might say, its to pay the mercenaries from our club.
    ELK, mercanaries or, some who thought you can only flog a dead horse for so long and it's time to move on?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ELK, mercanaries or, some who thought you can only flog a dead horse for so long and it's time to move on?
    Correct Brin, it was a great move for PW and he would have regretted not going for the rest of his life had he turned them down. UTM

It was a good move for Warne but the fact they got rid of Liam Rosenoir for him was a little strange. David Clowes is an airline pilot by trade.He flew for BMI for years before it went bust.The business was his Father's from what I'm lead to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Correct Brin, it was a great move for PW and he would have regretted not going for the rest of his life had he turned them down. UTM
    I don't blame Paul Warne for going to a bigger club, like you say flogging a dead horse, if you can only
    shop in Aldi, while other clubs were M & S shoppers in the recruitment of players.
    My comment was more a tongue in cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    That's a hefty wage bill of around £10m for the staff who aren't part of the first team squad.
    Here is a link to the financials. Player wages isn't split in the report.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/media/get/Der...3%20080324.pdf

I think you can read between the lines here. Article says 'its understood the wage bill for the first team squad was £7.3m last season"

If you compare these accounts to other football clubs accounts, it doesn't make sense. I reckon this will include plenty of severance payments to ex players and other staff. You can't make footballing debts go away.

So I think the £7.3m reference regarding the wage bill is for the 'present' (2022/23) squad.

That's my take on it anyway.

It will be interesting to see what Derby's spending levels will be IF they get promoted. A good friend of mine is a Derby fan with a good insight in the club through connections.He said that a lot of Derby fans are in for a shock if they think they will be one of the big spenders once they get there. Clowes is not prepared to lose millions a year. Promotion is certainly not nailed on by any means. Barnsley are looking strong and then of course there is Bolton and Posh to contend with. I wonder if they will stick with PW if they fail again?

Quote Originally Posted by simplebrin View Post
    Here is a link to the financials. Player wages isn't split in the report.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/media/get/Der...3%20080324.pdf

I think you can read between the lines here. Article says 'its understood the wage bill for the first team squad was £7.3m last season"

If you compare these accounts to other football clubs accounts, it doesn't make sense. I reckon this will include plenty of severance payments to ex players and other staff. You can't make footballing debts go away.

So I think the £7.3m reference regarding the wage bill is for the 'present' (2022/23) squad.

That's my take on it anyway.
    If you read my thread I put £7.3m for the 2022-23 season wages, which the accounts are for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast