+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your'e the owner

Your'e the owner

what would you do.

You've just made the great scoop of landing the iconic Olympic stadium so you set up the team with a manager that has never been relegated yet plays the most dire style of football known to man and the vast majority of fans want rid.
    It would cost you about AŁ5m to end his contract and possibly another AŁ30m spent on bringing in new players for the new manager cos the team that has been set up by the previous manager to play direct football.
    Prem football is a must for the finances to stack up as you have to service the debts that have incurred over mismanagement for years.
    Would you gamble on getting rid of the said manager who has never been relegated and at the same time cost a fortune to get rid just to appease the fans or would you let the managers contract run itself down as its only one more season left.

re: Your'e the owner

Easy for me, first question in tomorrow`s meeting would be,

Sam, you`ve achieved everything we have asked of you, now we want to up the anti, can you give us European football whilst playing stylish attacking football next season ?
    You see, we are ambitious, can you or not ?
    If not we will find someone who can.

Don't slam the door.

Quote Originally Posted by GARNETT
    Easy for me, first question in tomorrow`s meeting would be,

Sam, you`ve achieved everything we have asked of you, now we want to up the anti, can you give us European football whilst playing stylish attacking football next season ?
    You see, we are ambitious, can you or not ?
    If not we will find someone who can.

Don't slam the door.
    Great response That tickled me

I'd pick up the phone, dial Harry and say, come home son you're needed.
    Put a smile back on the terraces.

I'll be honest here, if it were my club and my hard earned I would stick with the devil I know and keep the AŁ5m and the extra money for the rebuild.

Sorry Herbie but unless Sullivan is a hypocrite he must do the right thing and let him go. His pay off will be offset by the season ticket renewals - believe me as one of them its a fact

To be honest I think they`re in the "one more season quandary" they want shot but want what they believe to be security for another season and I think Sam knows that.
    I personally think the change has to happen now, 2 season to build before the move.

Change doesn`t mean relegation.

They are also used to throwing good money after bad, the 5m payoff is peanuts in the bigger picture.

The owners would day that they didn't panic and sack the manager like all the relegated clubs and they would appear justified in that decision, however if I was the owner he's feet wouldn't touch and the more time the replacement has in position before the start of the season the better.
    This awful turn off events for our club started when they got rid of redknapp and chose roder as a cheap replacement and we have struggled ever since.
    I hope he goes I really hope he f***ing goes but the owners have to learn from the old regimes mistakes when it comes to replacing managers

I personally think that they will stick with BFS untill at least xmas , see where we are in the league and take things from there.

They might have more say on the transfer side of things & maybe ask him to play more entertaining football . But I've got a feeling they will play it safe & stick with him for now at least.

They could set him a points total for the first half of the season , if we are safe & play a better game of football, stick with him , if we are not , then he walks.

That would give them enough time to get the right Manager in while also making funds available for him & most likely guarantee next seasons survival.

We all know that the 2 D's are just waiting for their last big pay day . All they care about is that we are in the prem when we move .

Find the right man first. Then sack him. Don't just do it for the sake of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)