+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I just love neil lennon

I just love neil lennon

His post match interview yesterday and most of his interviews he gives subtle veiled threats to the ponces we still have in the team.He said heskey is a true centre forward and hes 37 if the other players cant learn from him,well theyre not for me he said.Also the players are lightweight and amatureist and hes sick of watching it.The guy speaks like a fan,wears his heart on his sleeve and tells it as it is.For me what lennon says about the players,his honesty makes him the most outspoken manager ive ever heard since cloughie.We may not have our neil lads very long so lets enjoy the guy while we can.NLSWA

re: I just love neil lennon

If by 'speaks like a fan' you mean that he emits vast amounts of hot air, then I agree with you.

As he is a representative of the club, I'd prefer that he kept more of his opinions (particularly those about referees) to himself, and stick to what he's good at: managing.

Whilst his honesty is superb, he knows that our appalling defensive record at the end of games reflects on him as a manager so the cynic in me believes that there is a certain element of @rse-covering in his comments. Love him though and I reckon that he'll sort it out for next season

There'll be fireworks next season with Neil in charge if his players, the ones he brings in don't perform. I must admit to liking his style of calling a spade a spade and his attitude of it's my way or the highway.

After listening to 3 years worth of Duggie's Godawful mediaspeak and ridiculous after match twaddle it's ultra refreshing to listen to Lennon speak his mind and give his honest assessment of how things really are.

I don't think he would criticise the players normally. But he is saying what the supporters are saying. The professionalism shown by our players this season, having got into a reasonably comfortable situation under the circumstances , has been inept at the best .

He will get shut of the dross, but there is a very good chance they will be replaced by dross who have been released by other clubs.

I know we have no money, but they need to find a little bit from somewhere. Otherwise its the same next season , no matter how good Lennon is.

What really pisses me off is the club sending out a glossy Season Ticket renewal brochure, asking for our hard earned money up front. But there is no prospectus of what their ambitions are for next season. what other business would get away with that ?

All clubs rely on the lunacy of fans believing that next season is "THE" season eric. They know damn well that they can guarantee fk all and people will queue up to part themselves of hard-earned cash. Amazing isn't it the hold that loyalty to a club has on people

Quote Originally Posted by eric1953
    I don't think he would criticise the players normally. But he is saying what the supporters are saying. The professionalism shown by our players this season, having got into a reasonably comfortable situation under the circumstances , has been inept at the best .

He will get shut of the dross, but there is a very good chance they will be replaced by dross who have been released by other clubs.

I know we have no money, but they need to find a little bit from somewhere. Otherwise its the same next season , no matter how good Lennon is.

What really pisses me off is the club sending out a glossy Season Ticket renewal brochure, asking for our hard earned money up front. But there is no prospectus of what their ambitions are for next season. what other business would get away with that ?
    Eric they haven't told us the ambition for next season because there is no ambition for next season the only thing the idiots running our club wan

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)