+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: To catch a copper

To catch a copper

Watched the first one last week.

The 3 cases that were shown I thought the coppers were horrible at best, sadistically evil at worst.

Watched last night, 3 cases from Bristol.

1st one woman on the bus got paid out compo despite threatening coppers, being pretty abusive to them and using her child as a kinda human shield.

2nd case, guy resists stop and search ( looked legal to me) and eventually gets sprayed.....mibbe a wee bit quick but if I was a copper I wouldn't take a chance.

3rd case, guy breaks into house, has a shower and takes a piss in the hall.

Coppers lift him and he says he's been drinking, very unsteady.

Becomes really truculent at the station but continues to complain about sore head and neck.

They ask him if he wants to see a nurse and what will they say to nurse is wrong......he says " that's for her to find out "

Back to cell, really unsteady but they put him on bed and shut door.....guy has a brain bleed and nurse comes either 12 or 15 hours later........now the polis offered him medical attention but he kinda refused and maybe shuda recognised that this wasn't drink but I've no idea what kind of training they have had for that.

Connection between all 3 cases.....black woman, Somalian and black man.

Channel 4 presented this as no questions asked out and out racism.

I rewound it and watched the interactions again.........and I can't find any.

Compared to last week's programme where all the detainees were white and either assaulted or humiliated I thought the police acted with a certain amount of restraint this week.

Worth a watch

Decided not to watch this programme. Can't imagine who it helps and very surprised that police cooperated with the makers

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Decided not to watch this programme. Can't imagine who it helps and very surprised that police cooperated with the makers
    Find it very interesting.

I have a feeling that the proper word to describe the way police react is tribal. We want them to look after our tribe, law abiding and respectful people of all races and creeds.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)