+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thon cricket (****e game) report

Thon cricket (****e game) report

Why shud wifeys be paid the same when they bring in a fraction of the money men do?

Why isn't that question ever asked.

A domestic in ninewells isn't paid the same as a brain surgeon.

What's the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Why shud wifeys be paid the same when they bring in a fraction of the money men do?

Why isn't that question ever asked.

A domestic in ninewells isn't paid the same as a brain surgeon.

What's the difference
    I agree with you but you're analogy is completely wrong. NHS staff aren't paid according to their ***.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    I agree with you but you're analogy is completely wrong. NHS staff aren't paid according to their ***.
    Are you saying there's no gender pay gap in the NHS?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Are you saying there's no gender pay gap in the NHS?

Paying someone less to do the same job depending on *** is illegal. Woman are not paid to play mens cricket, they're paid less to play womans cricket, that's entirely different.

Paying someone less to do the same job depending on *** is illegal. Woman are not paid to play mens cricket, they're paid less to play womans cricket, that's entirely different.
    It may well be 'illegal' to pay women less than men to do the same job but we all know it happens, it just gets dressed as more experience or increased flexibility etc.

I agree women's sport is a different thing from men's sport. Women in most sports really can't compete with their male counterparts, however they compete very effectively on a level playing field and, although not often, I've actually seen some entertaining women's football - miles short of the standard of men's football though. Do they deserve equal pay for doing the same sport? No they don't. In football as an example saying women's internationalists deserve the same pay as men's internationalists is equivalent to saying Brechin City players deserve the same pay as Manchester City players.

By the way I heard on the radio today that women footballers have been complaining that they have to wear mens' football boots and they're uncomfortable, now they want some designed specifically for women. It seems that the drive toward everything being uni*** or genderless doesn't apply to football boots. They're football boots that go on your feet, all humans have the same shape feet with just the size varying.

[QUOTE=Deeranged;40305647]It may well be 'illegal' to pay women less than men to do the same job but we all know it happens, it just gets dressed as more experience or increased flexibility etc.

I agree women's sport is a different thing from men's sport. Women in most sports really can't compete with their male counterparts, however they compete very effectively on a level playing field and, although not often, I've actually seen some entertaining women's football - miles short of the standard of men's football though. Do they deserve equal pay for doing the same sport? No they don't. In football as an example saying women's internationalists deserve the same pay as men's internationalists is equivalent to saying Brechin City players deserve the same pay as Manchester City players.

By the way I heard on the radio today that women footballers have been complaining that they have to wear mens' football boots and they're uncomfortable, now they want some designed specifically for women. It seems that the drive toward everything being uni*** or genderless doesn't apply to football boots. They're football boots that go on your feet, all humans have the same shape feet with just the size varying.[/Q

"Adidas Stiletto", "Puma Jimmy Choo"

It may well be 'illegal' to pay women less than men to do the same job but we all know it happens, it just gets dressed as more experience or increased flexibility etc.

By the way I heard on the radio today that women footballers have been complaining that they have to wear mens' football boots and they're uncomfortable, now they want some designed specifically for women. It seems that the drive toward everything being uni*** or genderless doesn't apply to football boots. They're football boots that go on your feet, all humans have the same shape feet with just the size varying.
    It's about the money they bring in......how can they demand same wages if they bring in far less.

I'd suggest Scottish football watches what happens in cricket carefully..

How long before a dab lady wants 7k a week cause fletcher gets it or a Celtic wifey wants the same as the jap.

Unlikely but I bet there's a few solicitors who might want to test the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    It's about the money they bring in......how can they demand same wages if they bring in far less.

I'd suggest Scottish football watches what happens in cricket carefully..

How long before a dab lady wants 7k a week cause fletcher gets it or a Celtic wifey wants the same as the jap.

Unlikely but I bet there's a few solicitors who might want to test the situation.
    The whole sport suffers then

The whole sport suffers then
    Bosman

Women should receive equal pay for equal work.
    In my opinion it is wrong that the women tennis players at Wimbledon receive the same prize money as the male tennis players despite only playing the best of three sets whereas the men play the best of five sets.
    Therefore women tennis players at Wimbledon should receive 60% of the prize money the male tennis players currently receive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)