+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winkler Believes

Winkler Believes

85 90 pts required to finish Top 2 , we've some improving to be done to get anywhere near them figures, and rely on teams above us dropping points , can we do it ?

I personally think 95 points is the par score required for automatic promotion and I don't think we have the consistency to achieve that .

Teams promoted automatically don't drop points to Wimbledon , Plymouth , Shrewsbury and Wycombe in my opinion .

A play off place is within our capabilities but only if we cut out the silly individual errors , that pass from Mowatt last week that allowed Pompey to take the lead was brain dead , I shake my head at such errors because that kind of decision making should have left you in junior football , he's a fair few games behind him too and should know better .

Don't even get me started on that French idiot at right back , he wouldn't even make the bench if I were HC and he'd leave for nowt in January .

We keep saying it but a couple of old heads would greatly help this group especially in a post season situation .

I won't hold my breath .

I think the same Animal about Toby (Cavare), he's a mere liability now and isn't even up to Lg One standards.

The same could be said about a few of them of course, including his fellow Frenchie Thiam!.

It worries me that Stendel is happy with our squad, we’re weak all across defense and out wide and he he’s happy with that I’m starting to question his judgement. I reckon we could do with 3 new faces in January.

Toby starts....quick put Blackpool in your accumulators!

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    85 90 pts required to finish Top 2 , we've some improving to be done to get anywhere near them figures, and rely on teams above us dropping points , can we do it ?

I doubt it. We're currently on course for about 80 points with our form so far this season which will get us a play off place. Having said that, if we get a few injuries we may be struggling to get to 80 points. January window (we all keep saying it) will define our season.

24 games left , 72pts max up for grabs , important week now , beat Posh then Charlton at home ? Who knows , surely Pompey may Wobble ? Sunderland too , we really cannot lose 4/5 games to have a realistic chance of the Autos , at a guess just now , 78/80 pts and a play off place , as Animal said don't hold your breath , January ? Keep the Faith ,
    Stockdale ? At Exeter may be a good signing ????

24 games left , 72pts max up for grabs , important week now , beat Posh then Charlton at home ? Who knows , surely Pompey may Wobble ? Sunderland too , we really cannot lose 4/5 games to have a realistic chance of the Autos , at a guess just now , 78/80 pts and a play off place , as Animal said don't hold your breath , January ? Keep the Faith ,
    The lad that I've kept an eye on for a month or two is Macaulay Boone at Leyton Orient .

16 goals in 22 starts and 23 years of age which is right in our territory .

Not talking daft money here , 250 maybe 300k .

Reading some of the bigger championship clubs are sniffing but he will get an opportunity here and that's our unique selling point given our record of late .

There isn't that much between league two and the National League in my opinion especially at the top end .

Well at this level it certainly gives us something to go on .

24 games as you say and nothing is ever decided until it's decided .

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to string some successive wins together and breath on the top two's neck .

Not convinced by any means but that's not to say it can't happen .

Interesting second half of the season to come , to say the least .

Win next two home games , maybe lose at Luton ? We have a decent recent history results wise there , so probably could upset them Hatters again, I would take 7 out the next 9 available right now ,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast