+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Top Half of The Table!

Top Half of The Table!

How long has it been since we have been able to make such a claim? Another forward scoring hat-trick! More power to your managerial nouse Sir Gary. KRO

re: Top Half of The Table!

Yes it makes great reading at the moment and if you check the current form table over the last eight games we sit proudly at the top of the Championship.

It's brilliant. Furthermore I feel obliged to point out that I thought Gary Rowett's appointment would make very little difference because I didn't believe a change of manager would offset the real problems facing the club. I don't recall ever being quite so smug about being wrong

Hate to point it out Gaz but actually we are 12th!

My take on things is slightly different for Fresno's: - I didn't think changing managers would address the real issues trashing the club; I did think changing managers would address the issue of the trash being presented on the pitch. I can recall posting prior to Elsie being given the magic bullet that most of our players had something to recommend them and the current manager has managed to find ways to bring that out. Whether it will continue remains to be seen - we still need a new CB and a new LB - two dreadful errors by Robinson and one by Grounds presented Derby with three easy goals - but as the standard of the league is atrocious (I offer up the performances of Wigan & Reading,and the defending of Forest as evidence) we should continue to pick up points with our organised and methodical approach. Of the teams in the league from what I have seen only Derby & Bournemouth are clearly better than us so while a playoff place is

aKK, point taken about the standard of play in the Championship. It even goes further as the standard in the Premiership is dire at the moment.
    I have also read comments about a complete lack of atmosphere at Stan's at the moment and some say this is attributable to Rowett allowing the opposition to have most of the ball and then punishing them on the break. Regulars might like to give a view on this.
    Rg

To me we always appeared happy to concede possession but now when we have the ball the same players who used to fight shy of mounting an attack suddenly now know where the goal is, are prepared to shoot and are thankfully finding the net or are at least on target.

It us a testament to the quality of posts made (& their authors) that hands are being held up in disbelief at what has happened. No way did I think this would happen,I had just become fixated on the overdue need for change believing that under new stewardship we stood a better chance of meekly dropping a division. As a club we have more spirit than that - and Sir Gary has found the passion we didn't know existed in the bunch of losers who Elsie picked in ever rotating positions.
    We are again a dangerous team who can win at home. Crowds are growing, and with that will come the atmosphere that some believe is lacking.
    KRO

Quote Originally Posted by spionkop
    allowing the opposition to have most of the ball and then punishing them on the break. Regulars might like to give a view on this.
    Rg
    Sound like good tactics to me Spion as we have a lot of pace in the frontrunners - and the tactics are working!

Long may it continue; but I would think injuries and suspensions will have an effect and impact on any "playoff push"; should one develop.

KRO

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)