+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Delia's squads Menu Serve Up a Surprise

Can Delia's squads Menu Serve Up a Surprise

The fact is that there are certain things in life we are responsible for & many that we are not.
    So for this Thread (finding ways to fulfilling our destiny into beating Norwich) the stat reports do give us a decent chance of getting 3 points in a match that really is gonna be our first real test as a team wanting to be in the mix this season, imo.

The Norwich coach Wagner promised rotation to his starting 11 for when fixtures came thick & fast but his set-up's remain the same with a flexible 4-2-3-1.
    But its the norm for Wagner’s team to transition into a 4-2-4 shape in their deep build-up play, with Barnes & Idah often dropping to create a solid "midfield box".

That midfield is gonna be a crucial battle area which we must contain & disrupt, end of !

Norwich have the highest amount of off-sides so far which is likely down to Wagner’s approach play with the Brazilian Sara key to playing the ball through to the Norwich front 4.
    Sara boasts the most accurate long balls (43) of any Norwich player & needs to be watched, for sure, particularly in his inter-play with his short & long ball threats throughout the 90 minutes.

Sara is currently the highest-rated player in the league (according to WhoScored.com) with a 7.80 rating from all league games so far.
    The Brazilian has scored 2 goals & 3 assists so far - but most impressively he’s made the most key passes (35) of any player in the Championship to date !

Attackers Rowe (5) & Idah (4) are the leading scorers for the Canaries, so goals appear to be no probs & as this pair actually both play as "false 9's", they are constantly moving around creating issues in all areas of attack for defenders.😬

Defensively our third-line of defensive pressure intensity is gonna be crucial when facing Norwich’s double false 9's - so only fit legs required throughout the match from us.

No doubt Farke will have noted the Norwich stats showing how they always hard press the oppo when not in possession.
    Like clock work Idah & Barnes always are 'tasked with pressing' the keeper & ball-side centre-back. With Rowe jumping onto any midfield pivot player too & Sara always tracking the deepest oppo midfielder leaving McLean to presss/mark any free midfielder.

This system will make space tight & i genuinely hope that Gray will be available to open up avenues for our counter-attackers to exploit otherwise its gonna be a long afternoon if our chances aint taken.

Apparently Mr Adam Foreshaw has made 4 appearances for Norwich midfield thus far since joining them so it'll be nice to see him play his 5th game as we know his frailties well, especially when he's in possession.

Hopefully Herr Farke can cook up a winning dish on his return to Carrow Road. 👍
    Last edited by Monaco_Totty; 09-10-2023 at 06:56 PM.

MT,
    nice write up. Thank you.

However, have to disagree with your first paragraph. We've already been tested (away no less) with Ipswich who I believe will finish higher than Norwich.

Let’s hope Delia’s Norwich soufflé sags in the middle and falls flat.

Won is fun!

Quite an impressive list of players ''nesting'' at both Leeds & Norwich over the seasons.
    http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/clubs/leeds.htm

Best player with Canary/Peacock connections for me would be Snoddy, just ahead of Bradley Johnson & Becchio.

Most disappointing player, for me, would be Steve Morison who never really reached peak-form during his stay with us, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Won is fun!
    Two is more fun

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Quite an impressive list of players ''nesting'' at both Leeds & Norwich over the seasons.
    http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/clubs/leeds.htm

Best player with Canary/Peacock connections for me would be Snoddy, just ahead of Bradley Johnson & Becchio.

Most disappointing player, for me, would be Steve Morison who never really reached peak-form during his stay with us, sadly.
    For me, the best player with whites/canary connection is snodgrass and Jonny Howson are the best. I think Brad Johnson had an inflated sense of his abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    For me, the best player with whites/canary connection is snodgrass and Jonny Howson are the best. I think Brad Johnson had an inflated sense of his abilities.
    Howson is vastly underrated

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Howson is vastly underrated
    Yep, nice gifted technical savvy player.
    At 5'6" his frame at times was fragile & he did suffer many injuries sadly, particularly to his knees.

Always enjoyed visits to Norwich, nice place & decent old style 27,000 atmospheric stadium. So the club must be a boost to its local economy alongside its beautiful Norfolk locality despite having been relegated from the PL a record 6 times !

Reading financials of them taking out £66m of loans - just shows the precarious financial tightrope Norwich City are walking for sure, if they don't go up.

A £43.9m loan had been secured against future media rights, broadcast revenue, and is fully repayable in March 2024.
    This particular loan is slightly different in the sense that it is dependent on the Canaries regaining promotion to the top flight.

A £22.6m loan was taken out against future contracted receivables, for example transfer funds that have been paid in instalments, so serve as an advance payment on guaranteed funds that the club will receive regardless of division.

Even though the latest accounts 2021/22 imply there was a debt of £66m, cash in hand of £4.8m at yearly earnings, it's perhaps more accurate to suggest that the net debt sits at £49.1m.

Norwich entitlement to parachute payments i suppose will be used to help ease the burden created by that debt in the short term but this season will be crucial for them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)