+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAO sinkov

FAO sinkov

Hi sinky, I see that Heaton Stannigton managed a draw at your place today and, reading their version of events, they think that they could/should have won.
    Add to that a great display by Ashington down at Ashton United in getting a 0-0 draw where they nearly snatched it in added time and two of our clubs have had a decent day.
    Not only that, I have two FA Cup replays to go to, one on Tuesday at Ashington and then I am going to watch your lads at Heaton Stannington on Wednesday evening. No doubt the higher league teams will pull things off this time, however, who knows?

They certainly could have won Sub, they equalised with a breakaway goal, round about the hour mark, and then 10 minutes from the end they repeated the move and their lad was clean through on goal, it was at the other end and I couldn't see clearly, but just when I was expecting to see the back of the net bulge, our keeper had it, no idea how it happened, but they could have won it then.

Clitheroe are frustrating the hell out of me right now Sub, we've just sold our star full back to Accy Stanley, so just like last week's debacle we had two wingers playing full back again, despite having THREE perfectly competent full backs on the bench. Our right-back was so poor he was hooked before half-time, but why was he even in the starting eleven, and it's not the lad's fault, he's not a full-back.
    Our big problem is our centre-forward, he's a big lad, 6ft 4 ins at least, not a bad player, but we have this obsession with just lumping the ball up to him, (sound familiar?) which just gives the ball back to the opposition 90% of the time. We have some very good footballers, but what good are they if you're not going to play football ? Heaton's keeper made a couple of cracking saves, but he wasn't overworked and the the two big CBs relished the aerial bombardment. I think they were a bit surprised that was all we had to offer.
    I should be up there on Wednesday, I'll let you know, if we decide to play football I'd expect us to win, if we just lump it up to Sefton we are asking for trouble.

Good result for Ashington, I'm a bit tied up on Tuesday, else I'd come up for your game as well and stop overnight
    Last edited by sinkov; 03-09-2022 at 10:23 PM.

sinky, shame about Tuesday, you could have had a bed for the night, however, let me know if you are coming up on Wednesday and I shall see you at the match.
    They should both be good games, however, after the start that Clitheroe made, it is strange that they are messing about with the make-up of the team. That's football!

Thanks for the offer Sub, that's very kind of you. I'll let you know if I'm up there on Wednesday.

I don't know how our management team thinks, we have a player manager out on the pitch and a guy running it on the touchline, who works with the Bolton Academy, to me they appear very confused about how they want to play. I am certain I could pick a better, more effective, eleven than they do, but every football fan thinks like that don't they.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Thanks for the offer Sub, that's very kind of you. I'll let you know if I'm up there on Wednesday.

I don't know how our management team thinks, we have a player manager out on the pitch and a guy running it on the touchline, who works with the Bolton Academy, to me they appear very confused about how they want to play. I am certain I could pick a better, more effective, eleven than they do, but every football fan thinks like that don't they.
    I used to think so when Dyche was running our lot, with Vinny I'm not so sure! I would however give Roberts a rest, he is not playing at all well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I used to think so when Dyche was running our lot, with Vinny I'm not so sure! I would however give Roberts a rest, he is not playing at all well.
    It was only a few days ago that some of our fans were commenting on a Roberts interview, where he was saying he was much happier and more familiar playing the way Vinni wanted him to play. This was used by some as another stick to beat Dyche with.

It was only a few days ago that some of our fans were commenting on a Roberts interview, where he was saying he was much happier and more familiar playing the way Vinni wanted him to play. This was used by some as another stick to beat Dyche with.
    I am still smiling about how we got the penalty on Friday ------because it was Vinnie's team ----pure football -------???
    I have to say that we looked our most dangerous when we got the ball forward quickly ---strange that, isn't it?

Sent you an email Sub, with details of this weeks Non League Football Tour of the North East.

Sent you an email Sub, with details of this weeks Non League Football Tour of the North East.
    JUst answered with a couple of queries.

"sinky, shame about Tuesday, you could have had a bed for the night, "
    Wow Sinky,turning down the offer of a night with Mrs Supersub.Shame on you..😜

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)