+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sustainability or bank rolling

Sustainability or bank rolling

From day one I heard these guys and there plans for BFC and without getting emotional or frenzied they wanted to run the club most certainly like P.C but run in the way BFC has been run since day one.Have they deviated from there opening press conference the answer is no.Football is a business no matter what we think and Barnsley have always been run on paying for what we can afford.
    Some complain when the club doesn't keep the fans in the loop Murphy mentioned this and decided to be more open with the fans what happens then he is criticised by the same people who say he doesn't say anything,damned if you do damned if you don't.
    No one has mentioned that because of the way the club has been run we find ourselves in a much better situation than most and have got through these tough times relatively smoothly.
    It is right that as a sustainable club we try and reach other income streams what is wrong with that.Most people know and realize continually throwing money at any football club is the way to failure ask Bolton and to a lesser degree Bury.
    We have clubs in The Championship who are 100's of millions in debt but you scorn our owners for running the club in the proper Barnsley tradition.
    Some say they'll do a runner now the transfer market is gone,if that's so that would go against everything they've been accused of..
    They've accepted that which ever division we are in they'll look more at the transfer recruitment side to me that's an admittance they've got a few thing s wrong but will attempt to put it right I've never met any one person or group who hasn't made errors.If they learn from it going forward so beit.
    I think some folk on here doesn't want to here anything they have to say,did you have the same views against the Dennis family or the Cryne family who also took us down several times over the years?
    In my view when the club 's well has run dry the owners will put in the money to keep us going until we can get crowds and income again I have no doubt whatsoever about that.Like Murphy said the club will get through this and we'll still be here.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    From day one I heard these guys and there plans for BFC and without getting emotional or frenzied they wanted to run the club most certainly like P.C but run in the way BFC has been run since day one.Have they deviated from there opening press conference the answer is no.Football is a business no matter what we think and Barnsley have always been run on paying for what we can afford.
    Some complain when the club doesn't keep the fans in the loop Murphy mentioned this and decided to be more open with the fans what happens then he is criticised by the same people who say he doesn't say anything,damned if you do damned if you don't.
    No one has mentioned that because of the way the club has been run we find ourselves in a much better situation than most and have got through these tough times relatively smoothly.
    It is right that as a sustainable club we try and reach other income streams what is wrong with that.Most people know and realize continually throwing money at any football club is the way to failure ask Bolton and to a lesser degree Bury.
    We have clubs in The Championship who are 100's of millions in debt but you scorn our owners for running the club in the proper Barnsley tradition.
    Some say they'll do a runner now the transfer market is gone,if that's so that would go against everything they've been accused of..
    They've accepted that which ever division we are in they'll look more at the transfer recruitment side to me that's an admittance they've got a few thing s wrong but will attempt to put it right I've never met any one person or group who hasn't made errors.If they learn from it going forward so beit.
    I think some folk on here doesn't want to here anything they have to say,did you have the same views against the Dennis family or the Cryne family who also took us down several times over the years?
    In my view when the club 's well has run dry the owners will put in the money to keep us going until we can get crowds and income again I have no doubt whatsoever about that.Like Murphy said the club will get through this and we'll still be here.
    You've made the mistake of allowing yourself to think that this is the only way .

Every player has to be recruited in order to gain a profit from in two years time , for that to have the best chance of succeeding every player has to be under 24 years of age .

The idea of a mix of youth and experience seems to escape you and you fail to see that the club used funds from the sales of Moore , Pinnock and Lindsay to simply stockpile players with the hope of gaining a profit out of them .

There was no regard whatsoever to the challenge ahead , the thoughts of the HC or the fact that we'd been down this road in 2017/18 and come up short , no lessons learned there then .

Nobody has ever suggested the club should be bankrolled but to suggest it can be run as a self sufficient model is for the fairies at this level .

It's called serviceable debt , such as you and I have mortgage payments , bank loans and credit cards .

To run it in the fashion it is is for the grass roots side of the game .

The owners lack vision , ambition , ability and don't have passion its fanbase hold .

The owners have managed to break the club in two and divided the fanbase , the days of 9 and 10k ST holders are long gone .

Another relegation will be delivered in a few weeks time .

A divided fanbase , fans walking away in their thousands and another likely relegation .

Great two and a half years .

In my view when the club 's well has run dry the owners will put in the money to keep us going .
    Luv your optimism Bill.

Bill

If the club isn't run in this fashion then it's Bolton Wanderers .

Yes - No ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Bill

If the club isn't run in this fashion then it's Bolton Wanderers .

Yes - No ?
    I mentioned those two as an example both in there own right spending way above there income and look at them now.

The club has never had any money throughout its entire history but up until the last 5 years it's always done it's utmost to succeed on the pitch. These last 5 years have been purely and simply about making money and trying to brainwash supporters that the only way to make ends meet is by operating like this.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You've made the mistake of allowing yourself to think that this is the only way .

Every player has to be recruited in order to gain a profit from in two years time , for that to have the best chance of succeeding every player has to be under 24 years of age .

The idea of a mix of youth and experience seems to escape you and you fail to see that the club used funds from the sales of Moore , Pinnock and Lindsay to simply stockpile players with the hope of gaining a profit out of them .

There was no regard whatsoever to the challenge ahead , the thoughts of the HC or the fact that we'd been down this road in 2017/18 and come up short , no lessons learned there then .

Nobody has ever suggested the club should be bankrolled but to suggest it can be run as a self sufficient model is for the fairies at this level .

It's called serviceable debt , such as you and I have mortgage payments , bank loans and credit cards .

To run it in the fashion it is is for the grass roots side of the game .

The owners lack vision , ambition , ability and don't have passion its fanbase hold .

The owners have managed to break the club in two and divided the fanbase , the days of 9 and 10k ST holders are long gone .

Another relegation will be delivered in a few weeks time .

A divided fanbase , fans walking away in their thousands and another likely relegation .

Great two and a half years .
    I said in my post that they haven't got everything right but if they are prepared to make changes I can except there shortcomings.Of course there are more than one way of running a club but because of what they said at the beginning regarding sustainability I wasn't expecting massive signings and paying out massive wages.If a club isn't sustainable and owners are expected to bankroll the proceedings you end up with a Sheffield Wednesday type situation where they charge there fans 600 pounds for a season ticket and live in fear as a supporter for the cheating and possible punishment.
    I think the reduced price for season tickets is a great gesture by the club and it will hopefully bring in much needed revenue.I believe Luton have put there's on sale at 500 pounds.
    I'm not too sure about dividing the fan base on the way the club is run time will tell on that one unfortunately because of the currant financial situation some will not be able to afford buying a ticket as yet.The last time we got relegated there was very little change in our home support.
    When I look at the bigger picture the fact that the 3 teams who went up occupy the bottom 3 tells me more about the Championship and the way EFL take the mic of the so called rules.Stoke and Blackburn 250m worth of debt between them and another 8 clubs with debt over 50m each.Maybe that's why teams like Barnsley and Rotherham for example are classed as yo yo teams.
    I've just remembered something my old mate Ron Priestly said to me in the Dove years back.And I quote."the only sport that's not bent is wrestling" followed by " Barnsley will never get anywhere until they learn how to cheat like the others". Wise words indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Luv your optimism Bill.
    If they don't can I join your club.

If they don't can I join your club.
    Tha'll be welcome at Brigarse Tarn anyday Bill. Lovely. friendly community club

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Tha'll be welcome at Brigarse Tarn anyday Bill. Lovely. friendly community club
    If they sell beer I might give it a visit one day.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast